A bleak title involving spying on the tenants of a placed in your care, Beholder is releasing next month on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Specifically the complete version of the title will be releasing on consoles, and will include the Blissful Sleep DLC. Beholder will release on January 16 on PlayStation 4, and January 19 on Xbox One.
Check out the Beholder console announcement trailer:
Learn more about Beholder while you wait for the game’s release:
Enter Carl, a loyal, government salaryman with a loving wife and two beautiful children. Moving to an upgraded living zone is a dream-come-true for Carl, who is tasked with overseeing tenant upkeep as the landlord of a state-run apartment complex. Easy, right? All he needs to do are minor repairs, ensure building security, enforce the no-pets policy, install hidden cameras, and rifle through belongings to find proof of treason! It’s all in a day’s work for those who have dedicated their lives to upholding the government’s stranglehold on their people! But what happens if Carl develops a conscience? Should owning a classical music record tantamount to a death sentence?
Take on the role of Carl and decide your own morality scale in Beholder. With procedurally generated scenarios and over ten different endings to uncover, choose to protect your family through secret machinations or selfless sacrifice. One thing is for certain: Someone is always watching.
- LIVE in a grim future where privacy is dead and a totalitarian State owns your life.
- SERVE the State that appointed you a manager of an apartment house.
- SPY on tenants using an arsenal of peeping, and eavesdropping techniques.
- REPORT on ideological subversion, or keep these secrets to yourself as blackmail material!
- USE authority to follow the law or CHOOSE to pursue your personal interests. Play as a loyal citizen, rebel freedom fighter, a corrupt crook out for personal gain.
Beholder will release January 16 on PlayStation 4.