CD Projekt Red has announced today that Gwent: The Witcher Card Game will be getting a massive update for the winter season. The midwinter update, as it’s called, will add more than 100 cards to the game, many of which feature new abilities and gameplay mechanics to ensure that players will have a new experience when playing.
The update also promises to expand the range of gameplay features in Gwent, including a new daily quest system as well as offering a significant revamp of features already available, such as a new deck builder and card replacement screen and improved visuals. For a full list of what’s changed in the midwinter update, make sure to head over to the Gwent website, but for a brief look at some of the changes, check out below:
- The deckbuilder and collection have been merged and reworked.
- The matchmaking screen has had a UI overhaul.
- The main menu has undergone some reorganization.
- The mulligan screen has been reworked and updated.
- The profile card selection screen has been reworked and updated.
- Many tooltips have been changed to be more concise.
- Many names have been shortened.
- The trinkets menu has been partially reworked.
- The tutorial has been updated to represent the current game more accurately.
- Challenges have been updated to represent the current game more accurately.
- Starter decks have been updated to represent the current game more accurately.
- All units are now agile.
- The tooltip UI has been updated.
- Deathwish abilities no longer trigger at the end of the round.
- AI and AI decks have seen significant changes in preparation for future content.
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is available now.