After some brief downtime last night, Epic Games has announced that the 4.2 patch for Fortnite is officially out, and it includes a whole slew of new stuff. The latest update to the wildly popular free-to-play shooter not only adds the inclusion of a new burst Assault Rifle to the game but also includes a new item for players to heal themselves with.
Fortnite Patch 4.2 Notes Out Now, Include New Weapon and Health Item
Check out the full Fortnite 4.2 patch notes below:
- Standard gamepad configuration has been renamed from ‘Standard’ to ‘Old School’.
- Slightly increased the texture streaming pool on Xbox One to help prevent blurry textures from occurring.
- Changed the button mapping for PS4 controllers on Mac to use the Touchpad instead of the Share button to open chat.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse cursor would be hidden on the loading screen for Windows + Mac players.
- Fixed several causes of rubberbanding when toggling sprint and weapon targeting, which were caused by bugs within those abilities.
- Fixed text labels being inconsistent on all controller layout screens.
- Fixed the time spent in match text not updating properly for party members.
- Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Added Epic and Legendary Burst Assault Rifles.
- Can be found in Floor Loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
- Does 32 / 33 damage (Epic / Legendary).
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Uses the same damage fall-off ranges as other Assault Rifles.
- Added a new foraged item: Apples
- Consuming an Apple will grant 5 health (up to 100).
- Can uncommonly be found around certain trees throughout the map.
- Impulse Grenade drop rate has been increased by 5%.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Damage increased by 3.
- Common is now 20 (was 17).
- Uncommon is now 21 (was 18).
- Rare is now 22 (was 19).
- Increased Accuracy reset speed by 25%.
- This will decrease the penalty during continuous fire.
- Increased Damage fall-off range.
- Fall-off begins at 28 meters (was 24 meters).
- Damage reduced to 85% at 47.5 meters (was 80% at 35 meters).
- Damage reduced to 75% at 70 meters (was 65% at 50 meters).
- Damage reduced to 65% at 250 meters.
- Damage Trap
- Decreased Damage from 125 to 75.
- Reset Time decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Remote Explosives
- They will now damage all structures within range, whether or not they are visible from the explosion center.
- Damage radius and throw distance have been increased.
- Delay between sequential explosions has been reduced from 0.25 seconds to 0.175 seconds.
- Delay before detonating a charge or throwing another one has been reduced from 0.75 seconds to 0.15 seconds.
- Removed the delay between swapping to a grenade and the ability to aim it.
- Fixed an issue where Remote Explosives could destroy the meteor in Dusty Divot.
- Assault Rifles no longer appear to eject multiple bullet casings per shot.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Launch Pad when multiple players activated it at the same time.
- Added ‘Auto-Pickup’ option for pickups on PC and consoles.
- This will automatically pick up Weapons and Consumables when walking over them (as long as inventory slots are still empty). They will be placed in the next available inventory slot.
- This option can be enabled in the Settings menu.
- 50v50 V2 Adjustments
- DBNO damage per tick lowered from 10 to 5.
- Chest spawn rate increased from 50-70% to 75-90%.
- Final circle is shortened from 5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- This last circle exists for 60 seconds before gradually closing in over an additional 60 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where Turbo Building would stop if you pressed another button before releasing the other.
- Fixed an issue allowing players to bypass weapon equip times after canceling a consumable use animation.
- Players can no longer crouch through the vents of the research facility in Dusty Divot.
- Fixed an issue causing door prediction to get stuck and make it so a player could never open doors.
- Fixed an issue that caused an incorrect displaying of selected cosmetic items in the lobby.
- Patched up a hole in the terrain near Lucky Landing.
- Fixed an issue that made chests appear to be unopened when they have already been looted.
- Fixed an issue allowing player to sprint at full speed in a section of the Loot Lake water.
- Improved overall server performance.
- The server tick rate has been increased from 20 to 30 updates per second.
- This allows for more responsive movement and shooting, and reduces effective ping times for all players.
- Network bandwidth has increased slightly.
- Improved material loading by 2x, which should help buildings and characters stream in faster and reduce hitching.
- Fixed large hitches that occurred when certain cosmetic items were encountered for the first time in a match.
- Improved framerate when using Hop Rocks by optimizing its particle effect.
- Fixed remote players appearing to jump far too high when their connection went bad or there was a server hitch.
- To help differentiate between above/below footstep sounds, we’ve added an additional layer to steps that are above you based on the surface type.
- Wood has creaks, Stone has crunches + gravel noises, and Metal has rattles.
- Lowered the volume of the weak points that appear when harvesting