After a brief period of silence, THQ Nordic and Experiment 101’s Biomutant made an appearance at gamescom 2018 with a brand new trailer and booth space. Although the trailer mentions a 2018 release window, we’ve now been informed that the game will launch in summer 2019.
News comes by way of Biomutant‘s official Twitter account, which responded to a fan query about the release date with the aforementioned window. Neither Experiment 101 nor THQ Nordic have released a statement to explain the delay. However, the announcement doesn’t come as a surprise considering how ambitious Biomutant seems.
For those who are interested, folks over at PlayStation Access have twenty minutes of new gameplay showcasing Biomutant‘s open world, which you can check out below.
In case you missed the gamescom trailer, we’ve embedded it right here for you.
An overview of the game’s features is as follows:
- A New Take on 3rd Person Combat – The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- Evolve Your Game-Play – You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- Next Level of Crafting – Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Gear Up for Adventure – You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- Survive in a Vibrant Open World – You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- An Unusual Story With an Unusual End – A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
Biomutant is in development for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
New Biomutant Gameplay and Release Window Revealed
[Source: Biomutant (Twitter)]