Infected Shelter Has You Face the Apocalypse with Friends
The two-person team at Dark Blue Games is aiming for a different kind of post-apocalyptic experience with a new game. Infected Shelter attempts to take on the end of the world in a lighthearted, yet violent, way. Billed as a cross between Dead Cells and Castle Crashers, Infected Shelter mixes rogue-like gameplay with co-op multiplayer insanity.
Take a look at the over-the-top action in the Infected Shelter announcement trailer:
Even though each playthrough of Infected Shelter will be different from the last, you will still be able to permanently upgrade your character using blueprints for equipment. Since strength in numbers can be critical in a post-apocalyptic world, up to three friends can join you on your adventure.
You will be able to experience all of the following in Infected Shelter, according to the official press release:
- Randomly generated post-apocalyptic environments
- Fast paced, violent and complex 2D brawler-like combat with lots of firearms and melee weapons
- Rogue-lite/rogue-like elements, play-learn-die-unlock-improve-repeat
- Permanent upgrades that change how you play the game in the following runs
- 150+ blueprints to unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements
- 50+ brutal, ultra-violent executions
- Local co-op with up to 4 players
Infected Shelter is releasing on PC in Q4 2018, and it will come to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch at a later date.