As previously announced, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout beta is set to go live for PlayStation 4 players on Monday, September 10 at 10 am PST (1 pm EST). Developer Treyarch has released a handy manual ahead of the test, revealing what it includes.
The beta features three game modes: Solos, Duos, and Quads. It’ll host up to 80 players at this stage. The following vehicles are included (descriptions by Treyarch):
- ATV – Holds a max of two people and has off-roading capability with medium speed.
- Cargo Truck – One driver with room for others in the truck bed. It has limited off-roading capability and limited speed. Use the Cargo Truck to store weapons and other Items for your late game push to victory.
- Tactical Raft – This boat fits two comfortably but can pack in quite a few if you don’t mind getting cozy. The raft is a great way to navigate the abundant water in Blackout.
- Light Helicopter – a Helicopter that holds a max of four passengers and the pilot. This aircraft will start to malfunction in the late states of the game and is very susceptible to lock-on Missile Launchers, but is by far the fastest way to get from point A to point B.
Players can equip the following items in their inventory by default:
- Two weapons
- One health item (First Aid, Med Kit, Trauma Kit)
- One armor item
- One backpack (expands carry capacity)
- Equipment item (including razor wires, mesh mines, and sensor darts)
- About 200 of each Ammo type
According to Treyarch, Blackout features the “largest map” the studio has ever created. Here are the areas that you can explore:
- Firing Range
- Nuketown Island
- Construction Site
Here's What's Included in Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta