Upcoming No Man’s Sky NEXT Patch Will Add New Custom Options for Body Shape
No Man’s Sky NEXT update 1.59 went live recently, following which Hello Games announced that some members of its development team are already working on a new patch. The studio has offered a sneak peek of what it’s working on, which includes adding new custom options for body shape to “increase diversity and variety” of characters.
Here’s what you can expect in the near future:
- Fixing an issue that prevents shared bases from downloading while exploring.
- Adding new attack behaviours to the Biological Horrors.
- Enabling terrain tessellation on PS4 (base and Pro) and Xbox One X. New dynamic tessellation enables detailed terrain height maps without sacrificing performance.
- New custom options for body shape have been added to the appearance modifier. This gives players far greater control over how they appear in the universe, increasing the diversity and variety of characters for all races.
In case you missed it, update 1.59 patch notes are as follows:
- Added new items to Polo’s Quicksilver Synthesis Bot.
- Fixed an issue that could cause discoveries to stop saving.
- Fixed an issue where players with a specific number of inventory slots would have some slots hidden by other UI elements.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Community Research portals not to return players to the correct galaxy after mission completion.
- Ensured that the first entry in the Space Station Teleport list will take players in the incorrect galaxy back to their home galaxy.
- Fixed an issue that could cause portals to close and not lead players back to the correct planet.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed an issue where the starship was unable to land after changing missions while facing a mission marker.
- Fixed an issue where players with corrupt saves would be recovered but have no ship (please note – this involves instances where the ship was the corrupt data, and so ships have been restored to default).
We’ll update our readers when the next patch is live. In the meantime, check out our dedicated game hub for more information on NEXT.
[Source: Hello Games]