In 2017, Tales Of producer Hideo Baba left Bandai Namco to hook up with Square Enix and open his own studio. Ahead of Tokyo Game Show 2018, we’ve seen a small slice of what that team has been working on. But in the meantime, what’s going on with Tales Of? For starters, Yusuke Tomizawa, producer on the God Eater series, is producing the upcoming Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition. But that’s not all, as the most recent issue of Famitsu has revealed that Tomizawa is now the producer of the Tales Of series overall, and will be working on the next console title.
Here’s some snippets from the interview, which were translated by Gematsu:
- “We are planning Tales of series remasters and remakes based on [fan] requests.”
- “[Tomizawa] will be working on [Tales of series] console games as the new producer, including the new title announced at Tales of Festival 2018.”
- “We’re putting our focus first into putting out a game on console, which we haven’t done in a while.”
- “Tales of Crestoria has no direct connection to [other Tales of titles]. It will have a completely new story that is a clear distinction from an ‘all-stars game’ (Editor’s Note: Tales of the Rays, etc.) and serve as an entry point to the series.”
- “(In regards to Tomizawa’s new development structure) It’s not something I can talk about. But it is something I have been involved in behind the scenes since the beginning.”
- “Development is being handled by Bandai Namco Studio, with reliable staff members who built up the series.”