While PS Plus Game Streaming can be impressive in its ability to instantly deliver gaming experiences directly to a user’s console without the need for a big download, the stream quality can be very poor. Whether you’re streaming on a PS5 or PS4, bad stream quality can result in compression artifacts, a lowered resolution, bad input lag, and other less-than-ideal shortcomings. Thankfully, there are some workarounds to help solve these issues. Here’s how to improve PS5 Plus Game Streaming quality.
Improving PS Plus Game Streaming quality on PS5 and PS4
To improve PS Plus Game Streaming quality on PS5 and PS4, users should:
- Do a connection test.
- Game Streaming to both PS5 and PS4 requires a minimum of 5 Mbps download for sub-1080p content and 15 Mbps for 1080p content.
- Use a wired connection.
- While wireless is very convenient, connecting your console with an ethernet cable is the way to go for a stable and consistent connection, which is what’s best for Game Streaming.
- Ensure other devices connected to the network aren’t using up the bandwidth.
- Where possible, pause all downloads and uploads across the networks to get the best streaming quality.
- Consider increasing your internet speed.
- If available, upgrading your internet with your ISP will mean a higher Mbps download.
- PS Plus Game Streaming can utilize the additional bit rate for higher quality output, meaning fewer compression artifacts and a consistently high resolution (currently capped at 1080p).
- Check the PlayStation Services status.
- For those having a ton of issues with PS Plus Game Streaming, checking the official status page may reveal the issue. It’s good to keep this page bookmarked for future reference.