Families who have multiple profiles on the same PS5 or PS4 console will be disappointed to find out the Disney Dreamlight Valley A Rift in Time expansion is account-locked. This means that only the account that purchased the expansion can play it. Everybody else will have to purchase their own copy.
Players are upset that the Disney Dreamlight Valley expansion is account locked
Disney Dreamlight Valley is a game played by many couples or families with children, therefore multiple accounts are used to access the game on the same console. As witnessed by several threads on Reddit, players are upset that they’ll have to pay out multiple times for everybody to play the expansion, especially at a price of $40 each.
A Rift in Time was announced in October, but it wasn’t until today that Gameloft clarified that every player would need to purchase their own copy of the DLC. In a post that’s just five hours old at the time of writing, the developer clarifies that “if there are multiple user profiles on a console, only the user profile that purchased the expansion pass will be able to access the expansion content in-game”.
The expansion arrives alongside The Pumpkin King Returns update, which will be accessible by all players. The update adds The Nightmare Before Christmas’ Jack Skellington as a new character, the new Royal Winter Star Path, multiplayer mode, and the holiday event.
Disney Dreamlight Valley The Pumpkin King Returns update patch notes
Here are the full patch notes for today’s update:
NEW CONTENT AND IMPROVEMENTS:
- Get ready to welcome the Pumpkin King to your Valley! Jack Skellington arrives along with new quests and unique items that will help bring the excitement of Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas to your Village.
- An all-new multiplayer mode comes to the game with Valley Visits. Hang out, share items, and collect new Pixel Shards to craft powerful cooking and crafting buffs!
- Make your Valley into a royal winter wonderland with the new Royal Winter Star Path.
- Explore new optional items in the Premium Shop for a limited time.
- Complete new weekly DreamSnaps challenges to show off your unique style and win Moonstones.
- Keep an eye out for gifts and wrapping paper around the Valley with the return of the holiday event.
- Knee length versions of basic skirts added to provide you with more outfit options!
- Have more control over your Valley with the ability to add and remove Villagers using the map menu. Please note that villagers will always appear in your village if required for a quest.
- Some characters have received updates to their animations – enjoy catching them emoting across your Valley!
- Disney Dreamlight Valley: A Rift in Time expansion pass is available now, offering the first of three epic Acts!
TOP CHANGES AND BUG FIXES:
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mickey and Friends, and Moana furniture collections feature small changes in color and shape, all aimed at creating a more cohesive and unified look.
- Goofy’s Signature Hat is now more iconically Goofy – it has been sized up to match his own hat in-game.
- Adjusted hem length of cropped tops to match length of “Heart of Te Fiti” Camisole.
- Minnie’s Dinner Party Gown hem lengthened.
- Roughed up Ralph’s Sturdy Overalls by removing the patches and adding signs of wear and tear.
- Mickey-Mouse-Patch Jean Jacket back patch adjusted.
- Moana’s fishing stall adjusted to more accurately depict her wa’a kaulua.
- A bug related to the Pumpkin House not correctly appearing in the Forgotten Lands for some players has been fixed.
- “Deal of the Day: The Chocolate Fountain”: A bug related to the spawning of ice shards has been fixed.
- “Strut Your Stuff: a bug related to the spawning of Sunbird feathers has been fixed.
- “Lair Sweet Lair”: A bug related to the spawning of paper has been fixed.
- “The Great Blizzard”: A bug related to the spawning of water particles has been fixed.
- “A Broken Sled”: A bug related to the game freezing while trying to pick up the sled has been fixed.
- “What Home Feels Like”: a bug related to the secret chest spawning has been addressed to unblock any players who encounter the issue.
- A bug related to Lioness Statue in the Forest of Valor becoming unreachable has been addressed.
- A variety of bugs related to the appearance of certain items, including furniture and level blockers when viewed with certain graphical settings, has been fixed.
- An issue with villagers spawning too close to each other, causing graphical issues, has been fixed.