10 Things You Didn’t Know About Uncharted 2
The folks over at 1UP just received 10 interesting new facts about the upcoming blockbuster, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. This wave of trivia is sure to add even more anticipation to the hype for what is sure to be one of the greatest titles of 2009. Naughty Dog’s Community Manager Arne Meyer submitted the following 10 facts, and they detail just how much work has gone into the game.
1. Over 130,000 people participated in our Uncharted 2 Multiplayer Beta, covering players from 135 countries all over the world.
2. The total of all multiplayer and co-op games played during the three weeks of our Beta was over 40,300 hours.
3. In Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune we had 104 individual environment files on the disc; in Uncharted 2 we have over 400.
4. We spent over 30 days on our soundstage recording motion capture performances which resulted in over 90 minutes of cinematics — along with a ton of in-game animations.
5. Our daily back-up of data has been averaging over one terabyte lately… and that covers only Uncharted 2 assets and data.
6. We drank a s*** ton of soda — over 30,000 cans — and one bottle of bourbon during the two years of production on Uncharted 2.
7. Between the 100+ Dogs working at the studio, we have over 16 nationalities and over 10 languages represented.
8. We’ve moved twice in our history: From the Universal Studios lot next to Insomniac games to an office spot above a Santa Monica outdoor mall, and to our current space — formerly Sony BMG’s offices.
9. We still have several of the “Original Naughty Dogs” with us, who started the first Crash Bandicoot game almost 14 years ago!
10. We’ve always had at least one dog “mascot” at Naughty Dog since the beginning. Currently our resident dogs are Pogo, a French Bulldog, and Trumpet, a Bichon Frise.
And in case you’re interested, there’s some new images from game available for your viewing pleasure right here.