PSP Firmware 6.00 Now Live
The latest PSP firmware update has just went live across the globe. Before you download this update, check out what changes it brings…
Although the list of features is very minor for this update, we suspect that there is more that has been added, that isn’t yet available. This firmware update in general appears to be prepping for the launch of the PSP Go. Check out the full change list below.
- For those of you looking to customize your XMB, a few new colors will be added under the Theme Settings.
- A security patch has been added.
- [Network Update] has been renamed as [System Update].
We also have found that your PSP doesn’t need to be fully charged to update your firmware any longer. However it’s not clear if this was added in a previous firmware update.
Other features had been rumored to be included in this update, but most of the features rumored pertain to the PSP Go, so it cannot be confirmed if these were indeed included in 6.00. Check out the rumored features below.
- Importing of playlists from the Media Go application is now supported under [Music]
- In [Display Panel Closed Options] under [Settings] > [System Settings], the design for the [Standard] option has been changed.
- PlayStation Store Games can now be grouped and displayed in folders based on their expire date under [Game]
- The PSP Go can now connect to the internet via a Bluetooth Modem such as a mobile phone.
We cannot confirm the validity of these rumored features, but that last rumored feature would really make the PSP Go shine, since you’d be able to game online, anywhere in the world, as long as you had your 3G enabled wireless phone.