LittleBigPlanet Online Create Mode Dated
Prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet for the PlayStation 3, Media Molecule promised the unique platformer would be fully integrated. From playing levels with up to four friends, to even crafting levels together, it was all possible to be done online. But in the unfortunate turn of events, the online Create mode had to be left out of the final release to come at a later time in a patch. And now, we finally have a date for the hot feature.
Dubbed the “Leerdammer” update, patch version 1.21 will hit PSN servers on Monday November 30. The online Create mode will allow players to create levels with up to 3 other local or online players. On top of this, Media Molecule has added a bevy of tweaks and improvements.
- If you play a level but do not complete it, a silver Sackboy medal will be displayed on the badge, to get a gold medal you must complete the level.
- The LittleBigStore a bit easier to navigate and also to download things after purchase.
- There is now an option to ‘Auto-Reject’ invitations from other players. The option is in ‘Profile Settings’. If you have this set to ‘On, no one will be able to join you unless you choose to ‘Play Online’. This setting is not saved to your profile and needs to be set every time you play.
- Sticker switches have been made more noticeable and give better feedback to the player when attempting to place stickers on them.
- Checkpoints can now be activated using switches.
- Race Gates can be made thin again!
- You can now use the Sticker and Decoration tool and turn Sackboy around while in Customisation mode.
- Added the QWERTY keyboard layout to the text chat menu.
- Play, Create, Share scores have been removed – we thought these scores were a good idea but they never worked in the way we wanted them to. They may return one day. Maybe.
- If you collect a key whilst playing a community level, you will now see the level unlocking for you once the level you are playing has been completed. You can also search for linked levels in the search menu.
- Pressing L2 and R2 while browsing community levels can now show you the name or the author of each level on the earth as well as the Heart Count and Rating.
Although the title released over a year ago, LittleBigPlanet was developed with longevity in mind. With more updates lined up, such as the Water addition, we can be sure that LittleBigPlanet will be around for a while.