PS4′s PlayStation Protection Plan Pricing Revealed: Extend Your Warranty by 2 Years for $49.99 or $59.99
When you go to buy your brand new PlayStation 4 next week, you may be wondering about the warranty, should anything happen to your PS4.
While the PlayStation 4 will have its very own 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty, you’ll be able to spend some extra money to get “24 months of additional coverage after your manufacturer’s warranty expires.”
Here’s a pricing breakdown for each PlayStation system:
- PlayStation 4 – $49.99, $59.99 (Includes Accidental Damage)
- PlayStation 3 – $39.99, $49.99 (Includes Accidental Damage)
- PlayStation Vita – $39.99, $69.99 (Includes Accidental Damage)
If you decide to get the PlayStation Protection Plan, you can buy it from PlayStation.com, the PlayStation Store, or by calling (866) 716-7669. Once purchased, you’ll received these benefits:
- Dedicated PlayStation Support specialists & 800 number
- Claim processing available 7 days a week
- No out-of-pocket expenses for qualified claims
- Pre-paid shipping box
- PlayStation certified technicians & genuine PlayStation parts
You’re able to buy the regular PlayStation Protection Plan at any point within the manufacturer’s warranty period, but if you want to buy the one with Accidental Damage, that needs to be done within 30 days of purchase.
Here’s what’s covered with the Accidental Damage Plan:
The Accidental Damage Plan supplements the original warranty with coverage that addresses the incidents that can happen, such as a cracked screen that results from accidental dropping. This type of damage is not covered in the original manufacturer’s warranty, but it is now available from PlayStation as an added benefit.
Do you plan on buying the PlayStation Protection Plan? Let us know in the comments below.