Grand Theft Auto V Update 1.23 on PS3, 1.09 on PS4 Given Full Patch Notes
Rockstar updated their website yesterday, revealing the long list of patch notes associated with update 1.23 on PS3/360 and update 1.09 on PS4/Xbox One:
Changes to the Matchmaking Options and UI
Heist Planning Board
- A new option has been added to the Heist Planning Board that will allow you to press Left on the D-pad to quickly join a Heist as a crew member. You must have an active Heist in order to access this feature.
- A “Matchmaking” option has been added to Heist lobbies that allows the Host to quickly change whether matchmaking is open or closed. When set to “Closed”, only invited players can connect with the Heist lobby. This option is “Closed” by default, which means only players you invite can join the session.
- The “Client Invites” option has been reinstated for the host of the lobby that is “On” by default. This allows players that have joined the Heist to invite their friends. If you only want the host to be able to send invites, “Client Invites” should be set to “Off”.
- Improvements to the “Auto-Invite” matchmaking option to help fill lobbies faster
- Improvements to matchmaking for Heists to fill lobbies faster
- Fixed a minor animation issue when throwing grenades while aiming on the PS4
- Fixed an issue where the Bad Sport flag was not correctly being removed from certain players’ accounts
- Fixed an issue where vehicle frames were not visually displaying damage correctly when heavily damaged
- Fixed an issue where a black screen was appearing when PSN was down
- Fixed an issue where the “Looking for job” display was being removed after accessing the Internet from the in-game phone, even though matchmaking was still in progress
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose control of character after backing out of hacking the vault in one of the Heists
- Fixed a rare issue where the player could get stuck on a cutscene if launching a certain Heist while in Ron’s Survival introduction
- Fixed an issue where Criminal Mastermind progression was occasionally not tracking properly
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn multiple parachutes
- Fixed an issue with the time of day on one of the Heists
- Fixed a possible crash when a One on One Deathmatch was initiated around the same time as a Heist invite
- Fixed an issue where a Kraken could be replaced by a Dinghy after receiving a Title Update
- Fixed an issue where a previous fix for character appearance changes was not applied correctly if the player was wearing a mask
- Fixed a rare issue where players could get stuck on a black screen when trying to enter GTA Online
- Fixed an issue where the objective could display incorrectly after evidence was picked up in one of the missions
- Fixed a rare issue with lost player control after accepting cross-session invite
- Fix for issue where some players were experiencing freezing when trying to use the in-game cell phone in Story Mode
- Fixed miscellaneous recent exploits
- Other minor fixes for GTA Online and Story Mode to improve general stability
According to reports, Grand Theft Auto V update 1.23 is live on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, while update 1.09 is live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
A smaller update, here’s the patch note according to the PS4’s Update History section:
- Additional fixes for GTA Online to improve stability, and other minor fixes for both GTA Online and Story Mode.
This is the same patch note for update 1.22/1.08, so we’ll keep checking Rockstar’s website and will update this post with any details they may post about the update.
For unofficial patch notes, Twitter user Funmw2 says:
PS4/XB1: Minor fixes for Parallax Occlusion, multiple bug and stability fixes. PS3/XB360: Multiple security, stability, and glitch fixes.
Parallax Occlusion is the mechanism used on current generation to improve quality of some textures like roads. It was broken before.
PS4 firmware update 2.50 also helped neutralize loading lag on GTA V 1.08 with the 1.09 update fixing the loading speed as well. All good!
If you’re looking to buy Grand Theft Auto V for PS4 or Xbox One, Amazon.com has it on sale for $39.99.
Have you noticed any other changes with today’s update? How big of a download was the new patch for you?