Diablo 3 Update 2.2.0 Live in North America on PS4, Xbox One & PC
Reportedly taking up over 1GB in space, update 2.2.0 is now live in the Americas for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as well as the PC version of Diablo 3.
Including new Legendary items, new Rift maps, and more, here’s the full list of patch notes for the update on PS4 and Xbox One (PC notes are over here):
- 3 new sets have been added to the game. Wrath of the Wastes for Barbarian, Unhallowed Essence for Demon Hunter, and Delsere’s Magnum Opus for Wizard.
- More than 10 of the existing sets have been redesigned, including at least one class-specific set for each class.
- Changes made to a set bonus will retroactively be updated, so players will not need to find new versions of these sets in order to benefit from these changes.
- Over 20 new Legendary items.
- More than 30 of the existing Legendary items have been redesigned.
- Old versions of these Legendary items found previous to this patch will not be automatically updated with redesigned powers, and will need to be found again to benefit from these changes.
Quality of Life Updates
- Looting crafting materials and gems is now easier.
- You will now increase your Blood Shard limit by completing Greater Rifts while solo.
- Regular potions are now bottomless, and no longer drop from monsters.
- Three new Treasure Goblins have been added to the game, and can only be found in Adventure Mode.
- Several monsters and Rift Guardians have been updated.
- Several new Rift maps have been added.
As Blizzard warns, “If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is in the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 2.2.0 is live until those regions have also patched.”
Will you be playing Diablo 3 today?