Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake Not Listed by Square Enix for Release in 2016
As part of their financial results today, Square Enix looked ahead to the “major titles” yet to release this fiscal year (ending March 31, 2017), and big games like Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and NieR: Automata aren’t listed.
Although Square Enix didn’t confirm or deny whether NieR had been delayed until after March 2017, they did tell VideoGamer that “the slide doesn’t feature the compete line-up of titles for the year.”
For titles that are coming out this fiscal year, here’s what Square Enix says you can expect:
- Final Fantasy XV (PS4, Xbox One) – September 30, 2016 in North America, Europe, Japan, China
- Deux Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – August 23, 2016 in North America, Europe
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) – 2016 Holiday Season in North America, Europe
- SaGa Scarlet Grace (PS Vita) – 2016 in Japan
- World of Final Fantasy (PS4, PS Vita) – 2016 in North America, Europe, Japan
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (PS4) – 2016 in North America, Europe, Japan
Square Enix also mentioned that they’ll “further strengthen the core franchises by large-scale title launches” as a mid-term target initiative.
Do you think NieR will still be out this year?