Minecraft Update 1.31 Today for PS4, PS3 & PS Vita Adds DLC Support and Fixes Issues
Update (July 28):
A small #MinecraftPS3 bug fix update is rolling out now to fix a memory issue causing some loading fails.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) July 28, 2016
Now available in Europe and Japan, with a North American release likely happening later today, Minecraft update 1.31 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita adds support for the latest DLC, fixes Battle Mini Game issues, and fixes other issues with the game.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s new update:
- Added Battle Map Pack 2 (Atlantis, Ruin and Siege).
- Added the Redstone Specialists Skin Pack.
- Made changes to some item textures in the City Texture Pack, Fantasy Texture Pack and Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack, so that they are more easily identifiable in Battle mini games.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to display player names above crouching players when in Showdown mode in a Battle mini game.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to allow thrown potions to go through non-solid blocks (e.g. Vines, Tall Grass).
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to stop non-solid blocks obstructing player attacks.
- Battle Mini Game: Fixed a couple of holes in the Cove Battle mini game map.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to remove all Mob heads from the player’s inventory, except any that are currently being worn, when transitioning from the Lobby to a Battle mini game map.
- Battle Mini Game: Fix to automatically replace Mob heads in the armour slot, when a Helmet is collected in a Battle mini game.
- Battle Mini Game: Disabled “Take Everything” in the Lobby.
- Battle Mini Game: Added Select All / Deselect All tooltip(s) to the Select Maps menu.
- Fix for an issue with hills generation.
- Fix for an issue causing some Blazes to not perform their attacks after becoming aggressive towards the player.
- Fix to allow renamed items to be traded with a Villager.
- Fixed a duplication bug.
- Fix to remove the redundant option for creating White Wool within the crafting menu using 1x White Wool to create.
- Fix for an issue where a Pig struck by a lightning turns into a Zombie Pigman without a Golden Sword.
- Fix for an incorrect death message when the player is killed by lightning.
- Fix for some issues with trophies (including Passing The Time trophy).
The latest update is also available for Xbox One and Xbox 360, with a Wii U release happening later this week.
Looking at the new DLC, Battle Map Pack 2 for the Battle Mini Game includes the three maps – Atlantis, Ruin, and Siege – and is priced at $2.99 USD, “and comes with guaranteed good times.”
The Redstone Specialists skin pack is also priced at $2.99 USD. “As always, everyone gets a few of these skins for free,” Mojang adds.