Watch Mafia III’s $150 Collector’s Edition Get Unboxed
2K Games and Hangar 13’s Mafia III comes out this week and it features one of the most extravagant Collector’s Edition we’ve seen this year. The $149.99 package is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. If you were on the fence about picking up the luxurious object, then check out unboxing video that GAME posted. It shows off all of the physical goodies that it includes, such as the game’s art book, and vinyl soundtrack.
Here’s what the Collector’s Edition includes (courtesy of the 2K Blog):
- Mafia III: Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux – 180 gram vinyl pressing featuring some of the 60’s greatest hit makers, including Otis Redding & Carla Thomas, Sam Cooke, The Animals, and more. The vinyl is a sampling of the larger in-game soundtrack, that includes an eclectic mix of Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Pop, all colliding against a backdrop of war, civil unrest, and sweeping social changes that defined the 1960s.
- Mafia III: Original Game Score – 180 gram vinyl pressing of the original game score for Mafia III. Composed by Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, two of the industry’s great composers, the Mafia III original game score is a Rhythm and Blues inspired tour through a city ruled by organised crime and corrupt officials, and the setting for Lincoln Clay’s emotional story of loss and revenge.
- Exclusive Collectible Art Prints – Two lithographs from Playboy and the Alberto Vargas Estate representing a vast collection of art for players to discover in-game.
- The Art of Mafia III Collectable Art Book – A 56-page visual look at the creation of New Bordeaux, a new game world fashioned after New Orleans in the summer of 1968.
- Lincoln Clay Replica Dog Tags – 1960s US military issue replicas. These are the tags of a combat-hardened Vietnam vet fueled by the need for military-grade revenge against the Italian Mafia.
- Faux Leather Establishment Drink Coasters – Representing the Paradiso Casino and Sammy’s in-game criminal establishments, these aren’t just souvenirs, but symbols of Lincoln Clay’s motivations for revenge.
- Season Pass – Future post-release downloadable content bundled at a discount.
Now that you’ve seen what the Mafia III Collector’s Edition includes, will you be picking it up later this week when it releases October 7? Let us know in the comments below if you think it’s worth $150 or not.