World of Final Fantasy Update 1.02 Fixes PS4 Pro Blur Issues, Adds Theater Mode
Update: Although the update added support for the DLC, Sora won’t be available to download until January 24, Square Enix has announced.
Original Story: Fixing the blur issues PlayStation 4 Pro owners experienced, adding Theater Mode, and more, World of Final Fantasy update 1.02 is now available to download.
In the PS4’s Update History, Square Enix says, “We’ve added an oft-requested Theater Mode to the Title Screen and patched in an awesome new DLC champion: Sora! Also, now you can restore HP/AP at most Gates. (But not the Main Gates or Exit Games. Sorry!). We’ve also crushed some bugs. CRUSH! They’re gone! Happy imprisming.”
Update 1.02 for World of Final Fantasy was first announced by Square Enix Japan last year. Here’s everything they said is included in the patch:
- Added “Theater Mode” to title menu – View the event scenes that occur during the game again at any time via Theater Mode.
- Added PS Vita version voice data download guide – A DLC check is now done when you select “From the Beginning” or “Continue.” If you haven’t downloaded the voice DLC, the game will start following a system message.
- Added a “Puzzle Switch” activation notification – A message is now displayed when you meet the requirements to activate a “Puzzle Switch.”
- Added a ‘how to be rewarded notification’ when you clear the “Vestiges of Life” Intervention Quest – A hint message is displayed when you clear the “Vestiges of Life” Intervention Quest. If you have already cleared the quest and did not receive a reward, a hint message will be displayed at Sylver Park.
- PlayStation 4 Pro support fix – Fixed a bug that blurs the screen when connected to a 2K monitor.
- Other bug fixes
The Sora DLC is now available in Japan, and will be available for free until March 31. A North American and European release date hasn’t been announced, but it should show up this month.