Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Update 1.08 Is Live on PS4, Xbox One & PC
Here’s the patch notes for today’s Modern Warfare Remastered update:
- Expanded Artic Wolf Content
- Spawn improvements
- Collateral Damage fix
- C4 will now stick to Helicopters
- Environmental and Melee Kill Stats will no longer reset on Prestige
- Melee Weapon crosshairs will change color when over an enemy that is in range of a melee attack
- Still give match bonus if the other player quits Cage Match
- Show Rank on Gun Game Scoreboard
- Virtual Lobby optimization
- Fixed collision in Ambush tunnel
- Fixed issues with Kill Cam/Streaming
- Fixed Streaming issues relating to invisible weapons
- Fixed issues with Melee Weapons on ladders causing weapons to disappear
- Fixed issues with Exclusion Zone Weapon Camo appearing incorrectly
- Fixed issues with Clan Tag resetting unexpectedly
- Fixed issues where killstreak activation could stop functioning
- Fixed missing visuals of one Hardpoint neutral zone in Strike
- Fixed sometimes seeing the blur too early when going to ADS with a Sniper Rifle
- Fixed ADS sometimes not stopping weapon inspection
- Fixed issues with ADS Toggle control schemes not being able to throw C4
- Fixed various issues with Character visuals in the Virtual Lobby
- Fixed the “Extreme Speed” Challenge to track through death and rounds
1.85GB on PlayStation 4 and 8.8GB on Xbox One, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered update 1.08 is now available to download on PS4, Xbox, and PC.
Full patch notes will be posted soon, but for now, Activision has announced that the update adds more than 170 new items. Here’s an overview of what you’ll find:
New Weapon Kit Collection Bounties
- Huntsman – This Sniper Class Weapon Kit gives your sniper rifles the field-ready look of a working class weapon. For example, your sniper rifle can look camouflaged like a ghillie suit or covered in duct tape.
- Lawman – Bring a bit of the Old West to Modern Warfare with this Shotgun Class Weapon Kit. You’ll feel like a gunslinger when your shotguns have the look and feel of high-class weapons from Western Americana, complete with filigreed details and wood stocks.
- Battle-Scarred – If you like to get up close and personal, then the SMG is probably one of your workhorse weapons. The Battle-Scarred Weapon Kit will make your weapons look like they have been through many a firefight, scars and all.
- Czar – The Czar Weapon Kit provides the look of pure gold to your LMGs, putting the bling in your loadout and onto the field of battle. These golden guns are over the top, flashy, and deadly as ever.
New Melee Weapon Sets
- Gladiator – Stride into battle with the might of a gladiator when you equip this contemporary recreation of the historical Gladius sword, used as the weapon of choice by Roman foot soldiers.
- Hatchetman – Strap on some deadly curves when you add the Military Axe to your loadout. This updated take on the classic hatchet looks fearsome in the field and is ready to do your dirty work.
- Weapon Camo Sets – Four new weapon camo sets each bring new camos to the field, with 39 new weapon camos total.
- Calling Card Sets – Customize your calling card with 31 new options for you to wear with pride.
- Emblem Sets – With 39 new emblems to pair with your calling card, variety is now your middle name.
- Reticle Sets – Set your sights with new looks with 39 different new reticles to choose from.
New Ranged Weapon Collection Bounties
- Kamchatka-12 – This is a fully-automatic, 12-gauge shotgun of Russian origin, and features an 8-round detachable box magazine.
- XM-LAR – This fully automatic assault rifle comes from the European theater, and utilizes 7.62x51mm NATO cartridges in a 30-round detachable box.
- .44 Magnum – This is the classic .44 Magnum six-round revolver, featuring a stylized military grip and signature long barrel.
Developer Raven Software added, “Today, we’re excited to support Modern Warfare Remastered with more content, and introduce even more customization items into Modern Warfare Remastered. Personalization continues to be enjoyed by the community, and we’ve all seen how much players enjoy building the gameplay experience that they want, which is something that wasn’t really possible during the original release. So we are stoked to deliver to fans plenty of options to customize, personalize and continue the fun with these new items.”
Last week, Lead Designer Amos Hodge said, “Spawns, collateral damage, kill cams, increased server send rate, and many more fixes are included” in today’s update. You’ll also find a fix for the bug that caused clan tags to reset.