ARK: Survival Evolved Update Today on PS4 Adds Third-Person Mode, Tek Tier Phase 1 & More
ARK: Survival Evolved update 1.11 (version 504) will be available to download on PlayStation 4 at 8am PT/11am ET today, Studio Wildcard has announced. The download size is roughly 5.5GB.
In addition to third-person mode, memory improvements, and bug fixes, the update also brings ARK: Survival Evolved on PS4 up to the equivalent of PC version 254.93. Here’s the full list of patch notes:
- TheCenter Mega Update
- Third person mode, accessed by holding down the Map button and then selecting third person.
- Additional Server Host and Single Player Settings (Deleting Save & Maximum Difficulty)
- Major Distance Field Shadow Memory Improvements
All PC equivalent content up & functionality through v254.93 including:
- New Mechanic: Hairstyles & Facial Hair (with real-time growing), Hair Dye-ing, & Haircutting + Scissors.
- Tek Tier Phase 1: Tek Engram system, Element Resource system, Tek Replicator, Tek Rifle, Tek Helmet, Tek Visor, Tek Jetpack, Tek Boots, Tek Gloves, Tek Rex Saddle, Tek Transmitter, and more.
- New Dino: Ovis Aries!
- New Dino: Basilosaurus!
- New Dino: Baryonyx!
- New Dino: Purlovia!
- New Item: Lance (for jousting of course!), and you can now also use a Shield when Weapon-Riding (provided you are using an appropriate Weapon).
Because the update was in certification, the Valentines Day event isn’t starting until today, but it will be available for the entire week. The event includes one new emote, a new hairstyle for each gender, and each creature has a 5% change to drop a Box of Chocolate when they mate. These can be used for a Full Heal or to advance 50% of a creature’s taming affinity bar.
Additionally, all servers using the -vday commandline parameter will find the following bonuses: Mate Boosted range increased by 2x, Mating Speed and Mating Recovery increased by 3x, Creature Maturing and Egg Incubation speed has been increased by 3x, and Baby Food Consumption has been decreased by 1/3.