DS Game Lock’s Quest Is Coming to PS4, Xbox One & PC in April 2017
THQ Nordic announced today that a remastered version of Lock’s Quest for Nintendo DS is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in April 2017.
Developed by Digital Continue, the new version of Lock’s Quest includes fully remastered music, a new progression system where new turrets are automatically unlocked at specific story points, new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map, remapped controls, a revamped UI with new GUI art, and improved character portraits.
THQ Nordic’s Reinhard Pollice said, “We had the great opportunity to work with people from the original development team of Lock’s Quest, and things clicked right off the bat. It is one of those hidden gems and a fan-favourite, so when things fell into place, we quickly decided to do this.” Digital Continue’s Joseph Tringali adds that the pixel style “translates well to console, and we were fortunate to include many high-resolution assets that weren’t in the original.”
Described in the trailer as “tower defense meets RTS, RPG, and pure action,” here’s what you need to know about Lock’s Quest:
In this remastered version of the critically acclaimed 2008 Nintendo DS-Game, you play as Lock, a boy who stumbles upon an invasion of his Village, which triggers a wider war between Kingdom Force and a revived Clockwork Army, led by the nefarious Lord Agony. A gripping story unfolds as you progress through 75 Days of warfare, across a dozen unique maps, aided by a collection of turrets, traps and special attacks. Experience the game as it was meant to be, with a high-quality soundtrack, new high resolution portraits, and revised gameplay.
- Place Kingdom Force units to defend your capitol in a brand new Endless Mode – Antonia Defense!
- Build up your fortifications each day to defend against a timed Clockwork assault. Use dozens of Turrets, Traps and Helpers to stop the advance.
- Adapt your building and battling strategies as you access new materials and as your enemy’s intelligence evolves
- Fight alongside your defenses, using context sensitive Special Attacks, and devastating Super Attacks, which impact a wide range of enemies.
- Unlock the secrets of Kingdom Force and the Archineers via an engrossing story with a multi character cast, told via hand drawn cinematics and cut-scenes.
Lock’s Quest is the latest entry in THQ Nordic’s meaningful asset-program (MAP). “The MAP is THQ Nordic’s internal (game) plan on which IPs to focus mid to long term,” they explained.