Far Cry 5’s Two-Player Co-Op Is Only Available Online, Not Locally
When Far Cry 5 was officially announced last week, Ubisoft said the campaign will support full two-player co-op. In a followup statement to Polygon, a company representative clarified that Far Cry 5 co-op will only be available online, not locally.
Ubisoft’s statement also confirmed that the Xbox One and PC versions will have access to the free content on PS4 at launch, but it will need to be purchased with Uplay Units. As for the Season Pass, which is included in the $89.99 USD Gold Edition, further details will be given “at a later date.”
Over on Ubisoft’s European store, the exact contents of the Deluxe Edition and Deluxe Pack were revealed:
- Far Cry 5 game with special Deluxe key art.
- A double-sided tourist map of Hope County featuring point of interest and key locations
- The Original Soundtrack of the Game
The Digital Deluxe Pack which includes early access to a range of equipment, vehicles, weapons, and consumables to lead the resistance and fight against The Project at Eden’s Gate.
- The Big Game Hunter Pack gives the player access to the Big Game Hunter Compound Bow, the Big Game Hunter ATV, and the Big Game Hunter Outfit.
- The Ace Pilot Pack gives the player access to the Ace Pilot 1911 handgun, the Ace Pilot Helicopter, and the Ace Pilot Outfit.
- The Explosive Pack: A full package of additional consumables with 4x Dynamite, 4x C4, 4x Grenades and 4x Proximity Mines.
- The Chaos Pack: A full package of additional consumables with 4x Fast Buffs, 4x Furious Buffs, 4x Molotov Cocktails and 4x Animal Bait.
- AR-C Assault Rifle & .44 Magnum Handgun with unique skins
If you pre-order a physical copy of Far Cry 5 from GameStop, you’ll receive a Heat Changing Cult Mug.
Far Cry 5 releases on February 27, 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.