Destiny Servers Offline Today for Four Hours to Prep for Destiny 2
Update: Bungie Help now says, “Destiny server maintenance has been extended by 2 hours. Expected completion is now 2 PM PDT. Please stay tuned for more updates.”
Original Story: To prep for the launch of Destiny 2 on September 6, Bungie will be taking the Destiny servers offline today for approximately four hours.
Here’s the maintenance timeline:
8am PT/11am ET
- Destiny server maintenance is scheduled to begin.
- Players will no longer be able to login to Destiny.
9am PT/12pm ET
- Players will be removed from activities and returned to the login screen.
- Destiny servers will be unavailable during the rest of the maintenance period.
12pm PT/3pm ET
- Destiny server maintenance is scheduled to end.
- The server maintenance will not introduce any content changes or gameplay impact.
Bungie adds that the maintenance “will not introduce any content changes or gameplay impact.” You may also experience issues with the Mobile App and Bungie.net during the maintenance.
As a reminder, Destiny is no longer scheduled to receive any further game updates.
Looking ahead to Destiny 2, Bungie will be at gamescom 2017 “to mix it up in Europe,” and they’re also planning “an entire Destiny experience” for PAX.
By pre-ordering Destiny 2 through the PlayStation Store, you’ll receive the Kill-Tracker Ghost (in addition to the Coldheart Exotic Rifle and Salute Emote):
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) July 27, 2017
If you don’t pre-order Destiny 2, those three items will be attainable through gameplay starting on December 5.
This coming Thursday, Bungie will detail how the console Beta and play tests have influenced the final stages of Destiny 2 development.