Minecraft Update 1.56 on PS4, PS3 & PS Vita Brings Track Pack and Skin Pack Support
Become legend with the MYTHS Glide Track Pack! Buzz the sun in Icarus, slice the skies in Excalibur or ride with the Kelpies in Celts! pic.twitter.com/u04atQi6xA
— Minecraft (@Minecraft) August 29, 2017
With the new Minecraft update today on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita, 4J Studios has added support for the Glide Myths Track Pack and Strangers: Biome Settlers 3 Skin Pack. The update is out now in Europe/Japan and will be coming to North America later today.
“Stretch your wings in this legendary Minecraft Glide Track Pack. Drift through the clouds of Icarus, dive into conflict in Excalibur and ride with the Kelpies in Celts,” the PlayStation Store says of Glide Myths, which is £2.49. The Skin Pack is £1.69 and the description says, “Get this pack and make your home in distant lands or ocean depths!”
Here’s the full patch notes for Minecraft update 1.56:
- Added Glide Myths Track Pack; Drift through the clouds of Icarus, dive into conflict in Excalibur, and ride with the Kelpies in Celts.
- Added “Strangers – Biome Settlers 3” Skin Pack.
- Endermen and Endermites should always be hostile to each other.
- Polar Bears should not attack the player when in peaceful mode.
- Wither Skeletons no longer fear daylight, and will attack anything that lives.
- Skeleton Horses can now be tamed and leashed.
- Zombie Horses can now be leashed
- Skeletons shouldn’t attack Village Golems.
- Strays now flee from Wolves.
- Wolves should not become hostile against mobs that they can’t directly see.
- Crafting any kind of Boat now requires a Wooden Shovel.
- String can now be crafted from Web.
- Purpur Stairs and Slabs can now be crafted from both Purpur Blocks and Pillars.
- Stone Slabs, Redstone Repeaters, and Redstone Comparators can now be crafted from Stone, Granite, Andesite, Diorite, and their Polished variants.
- Observers should register changes to Item Frames.
- Observers should register changes to Doors.
- Observers should register changes to Flower Pots.
- Observers should not output extra signals for fire block state changes.
- Observers should not output multiple signals when lava or water is place in front of them.
- Pistons can now push Daylight Sensors.
- Potion durations have changed.
- Fixed slow moving mobs in water.
- Fix for Farmer Villagers not planting seeds often enough.
- Fixed area in the Mini Game Lobby that caused players to become invulnerable in the Mini Game if they were in this location when the round started.
- Fix for MCCE-5523 – Pick Block in Creative
- Fix for MCCE-5549 – Hotbar is not centered in splitscreen battle (PS4, PS3 only)
- Fix for MCCE-2000 – Zombies get stuck in water
- Fix for MCCE-2868 – Levitation effect all in Capitals
The Xbox One/Xbox 360 version of this update is out, and the Wii U/Switch version of this update will be out today or tomorrow.
As a reminder, the Better Together update for Minecraft isn’t planned for PS4, but Mojang is still in talks with Sony about it.