Classic Arcade-Style Gaming with an Arctic Twist
VALCON GAMES today announced that it will bring Polar Panic to Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PlayStation Network for the PlayStation3 computer entertainment system.
The setting of the game may be ice cold, but the gaming action is HOT in this classic arcade-style puzzle action game. With 50 levels of single-player madness in story mode, and 50 mind-numbing puzzle levels, along with single and multiplayer survival modes, Polar Panic will heat up gaming for players during the Holiday season and beyond. Developed and Designed by Eiconic Games, Polar Panic will launch World Wide in December 2009.
“Players of all ages will love the challenges of Polar Panic, with its timeless arcade-style and puzzle game modes, all with an updated Arctic twist.” said Glenn Halseth, CEO of Valcon Games.
In this classic game, players control a bear named Polar who pushes and destroys snow and ice blocks around a grid-based environment in order to kill trapper enemies, activate switches, earn bonus points and gather powerful pickups, such as ‘Time Freeze’ or score bonuses and extra lives. In story mode, players battle against a series of enemies in a variety of Arctic environments that include an icy wasteland, a logging area, the back of a giant logging truck, and the decks of a ship rocked by icy seas. Players can vary the difficulty levels, which change gameplay elements, such as speed of movement, and reaction and decision time. In puzzle mode, players push or destroy the blocks in order to open a door or reach an exit.
Other Polar Panic key features include:
- 3 challenging single-player modes
- 4 difficulty modes, ranging from Easy to Insane
- 3 action-packed 2 to 4 player multiplayer modes
- 50 mind-melting puzzles, with multiple block types, switches and more
- Beautiful Arctic scenery, with night/day and twilight levels
- Explosive Boss battles with dangerous weaponry
- Tutorial system for teaching new in-game mechanics
- Variety of enemies and power-ups to encounter during gameplay