MLB The Show series has become a staple of baseball gaming for PS3 and PSP owners with its amazing visuals and stunning true to life gameplay. Due out on store shelves this March, MLB10 The Show looks to improve on an already amazing game. The fact sheet for the game has been posted recently by Ramone Russell, Community Manager at SCEA and can be viewed below.
Platform: PS3, PSP and PS2
Ship Date: March 2010
MLB 10 The Show once again raises the overall level of detail and realism from customizable fan chants, to jumbotron animations, to crowd atmosphere. Not to be outdone, stadium ambiance will be improved with the addition of HR/splash counters, fireworks, steam, noisemakers, towels, thunder sticks, crowd reaching over the rails, and crowd detail, such as interaction with vendors and placing Ks. Mascots are also available for all teams and each will show off signature moves throughout the game.
The popular “Road to The Show” mode returns with version 4.0 featuring the addition of two new interactive training modes, new settings, and new presentations. Interactive training will consist of a set of mini-games designed to improve a player’s fielding and pitching ability, adding to last year’s introduction of batting and base running training. In Road to The Show users will also have the newGame Watch and Game Completion options which allow the player to set how much of the game they wish to view. “Franchise Mode” also returns to the game, including the 40-man roster, salary arbitration, waiver transactions and September call-ups. Due to hit stores in March 2010, just in time for Spring Training, as the only officially licensed first party videogame exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™), PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) go, MLB 10 The Show is prepared to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience for all fans, new and old.
NEW FEATURES IN MLB 10 THE SHOW
- All-Star Break (includes Home Run Derby® and MLB® All-Star Futures Game™) (PS3) –The long-awaited return of Home Run Derby will take place in MLB 10 The Show for PS3. Fully implemented in our season modes and available as a stand-alone mode, Home Run Derbyfollows the MLB rules and flow. The MLB® All-Star Futures Game™ will also be available within season modes in its correct timeframe (just before the HR Derby). See if your Road to The Show player is invited to either the Home Run Derby or the Futures Game!
- Catcher Calling the Game (PS3) – The catcher will play a bigger role in season modes, Road to The Show, and exhibition games. Thecatcher will give a sequence of signs and users will have the ability to change theirindicator.Specifically for Road to The Show, the feature will allow a catcher to calling the game. This featurewill give a new level of control to the catcher where he will have responsibility to selectpitches and position himself to block balls that are in the dirt or wild. Catcher in RTTS has its own new camera view
- Online Gameplay Improvements (PS3) – This year, the online gameplay experience has been improved a great deal as the game will detect and respond better to adverse network conditions along with reduced bandwidth to help the speed and flow of online gameplay.
- User Controlled Pick-offs (PS3) – Want to surprise a base runner with a quick move or lull him to sleep? The new pickoff mechanism will now allow users to choose from a quick, casual, or deceptive pick-off type. In exhibition, season, and Road to The Show modes, you have the ability to decide which move you want to make as a pitcher. As a base runner in Road to The Show you now have to pick up on the pitcher’s move or get thrown out leaning!
- Custom Music, Fan Yells, and Chants – New to The Show this year, users can now assign music or a recording to an entire team, not just a player. Edit tracks to assign batter walk-up music or record your own voice and assign it to play for the team or player during the situation of your choice.
- Movie Maker (PS3) – Newly added is the Movie Maker menu within the Pause Menu. This will give the userthe ability to select up to ten replays to add to a single movie and do all their editing fromthis menu. The user will now be able to start recording their movie on a newly createdtimeline and then pause their movie, choosing different camera angles of theirplays.
- New Stadiums (PS3) – MLB 10 The Show will offer 11 new stadiums. In addition to all current MLB stadiums, five new Minor League venues are available, as well as classics parks now be available on the PS3 for the first time. The classic stadiums include Forbes Field,Crosley Field, Polo Grounds, and Griffith Stadium.
- New Fielding and Pitching Training Modes/Practice Drills (PS3) – In MLB 10 The Showusers will have the ability to choose from two new interactive training/practice modes. The additions of pitching and fielding training sessions round out the Road to The Show training suite. Fielding training will consist of two types of training focus on the user’s throwing with the new throw meter and focus on a combination of throwing and decision-making. Pitching training will have two options—Knockout and Simulated Game, both focusing on control and accuracy, with goals provided for each session. These training modes will extend to practice modes for both fielding and pitching and are a perfect way to polish and improve your baseball skills in The Show!
- Road to The Show Version 4.0 (PS3) – Road to The Show (RTTS) 4.0 features the additions of two new option settings; RTTS Game Watch and RTTS Game Completion, that allow users to set how much of the game they wish to view. With settings of All Pitches, All Fielding, Result Play, and Off, user’s will have the choice to view every pitch of the entire game, or trim the viewing down to just the result pitch. Users will now start their career in AA and will have to earn their spot in Spring Training. In order to enforce good fundamental baseball, two new systems have been implemented. The first is a mistake tracking system that will keep tabs on how users play the game and will penalize for throwing to the wrong base, not covering the right base for the out, etc. The second feature is a new Green Light system that has been implemented to reward good base stealing and penalize those that shouldn’t be stealing. If a user continues to steal once the green light has been revoked, their playing time will diminish. Once revoked, users will have to improve their speed and base running ability in order to regain the green light. Finally, there is a new stat tracking system that keeps stats for your player’s career versus every pitcher or batter faced during the current season that can be accessed at any time.
- Full Online Season Leagues (PS3) – Along with improvements to the traditional online leagues, MLB 10 The Show will offer fullyfunctional online season leagues! The new online season leagues will save anddisplay MLB Player stats, track player energy, allow for trades/injuries, and offer 40-manroster functionality.
- Weekly Live Roster – An updated live roster will be available every week throughout the entire season. Included in the update will be all roster changes, addition of new MLB players (with correct attributes), and player attribute updates to reflect hot and cold streaks.
- Online Game History – MLB 10 The Show now offers the ability to view every game you’ve ever played online, complete with opponents, box scores, and game logs.
- 1-30 Player Season Modes (PS3) – Because roster control is an integral part of Franchise Mode, giving the user the ability tocontrol one or all 30 teams is now essential to the mode. To do this, the user has the option to select how many teams (or all teams) they wish to control rightfrom the start of their franchise or season.
- New Camera System (PS3) – MLB 10 The Show is set to raise the bar for sports gaming and offer the most robust and realisticcamera system available. Camera positioning will make you double takeand make sure you’re not watching a live MLB telecast.This includes an all new broadcast fielding camera as an option
- Real-Time Presentations (PS3) – MLB 10 The Show has boosted the number of overall animations by capturing more than 1,250 new gameplay animations, more than 1,000 new presentation animations, and more than 400 personalized pitcher and batter animations. To accompany this upgraded experience, The Show introduces a new broadcast camera for fielding that will make you feel like you’re watching a live telecast.
- Stadium Realism and Experience (PS3) – As the leading MLB experience, MLB 10 The Show takes pride in the detailsoffering daytime transitionallighting, similar to our day to night transitional lighting. Notice the sun position and length of shadows as the 1:00pm first pitch reaches the afternoon. All players on field will be shown in real-time; this goes for dugout and bullpen players. Not to be outdone, stadium ambiance will be improved with the addition of HR/splash counters, fireworks, steam, noisemakers, towels, thunder sticks, working digital and analog clocks, crowd reaching over the rails, and crowd detail, such as interaction with vendors and placing K signs.
You can view the rest of the post over at Operation Sports.