Modern Warfare 2 perks are one of the most controversial topics discussed about this famed title. Right off the bat when any newcomer enters the immense world of MW2 competitive online, they are greeted by its many flaws. Commando, One Man Army and Danger Close are just a few of the online flaws that have made such an acclaimed title sometimes unplayable. Well rejoices (or mourn) as these awry perks are not to be found in successor of the CoD franchise. Yes you read correct, Commando, One Man Army,Danger Close and Stopping Power are not going to make an appearance in Black Ops.
Don’t fret as you will be greeted with some familiar perks in the next CoD, with some perks only receiving a name change while others are taken directly as they were from the previous title, no doubt any fan will feel at home straight away. Check out the full list of perks below.
NOTE: The Perks below are the standard perks, not the pro versions.
Perk Tier 1
- Lightweight – Move faster.
- Scavenger – Pick up ammo from fallen enemies. Replenish lethal grenades.
- Ghost – Undetectable by the Spy Plane and the Blackbird.
- Flak Jacket – Reduces explosive damage.
- Hardline – Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
Perk Tier 2
- Hardened – Bullets penetrate better.
- Scout – Hold breath longer.
- Steady Aim – Increased hip-fire accuracy.
- Sleight of Hand – Faster reloads.
- Warlord – Equip two attachments to your primary weapon.
Perk Tier 3
- Marathon – Longer sprint.
- Ninja – Silent movement.
- Second chance – Pull out your pistol before dying.
- Hacker – Ability to detect enemy equipment and explosives.
- Tactical Mask – Reduces the effect of flash and concussion grenades.
The way Treyarch has positioned the perks could lead to a more balanced online game. For example snipers can no longer have both Sleight of Hand and Hardened (similar to Stopping Power) which was essential for any sniper in Modern Warfare 2. On the other hand it seems Treyarch will be returning the infamous boosting glow-sticks back into CoD 7. But before you whip out your flamethrowers, lets hope the online team over at Santa Monica, California have some ingenious plan to counter all the boosting, I mean we can’t let Sandy Ravage do all the work.
Call of Duty: Black Ops is set to destroy stores in the U.S. on November 9th, but until then let us know what your favorite perk is in Modern Warfare 2 and which perk(s) you’re looking forward to on Black Ops.