If there was ever a title worthy of receiving the “Game of the Year” moniker and a subsequent release filled with extra content, it would be Uncharted 2. Scoring a perfect 10 in our review and praised by countless other publications, Uncharted 2 took Nathan Drake’s half-tucked antics to dizzying new heights, providing a story and gameplay experience like none other.
The PlayStation Blog clued us in to this Game of the Year re-release, which will include a bevy of downloadable content as well as slimmer price tag. Hitting store shelves on October 12th (exactly a year since release) for the price of $49.99, this updated adventure will include all the features of the main game as well as roughly $35 of downloadable content. These include the two new multiplayer map packs; the animated motion comic, Eye of Indra and a host of exclusive multiplayer perks. The full list is below:
- PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
- Uncharted 2 Siege Expansion Pack
- Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
- Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
- Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
- Uncharted: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
- Uncharted: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins for multiplayer
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1 & 2
- Uncharted Avatar Pack 3 &4
This release also sports an updated boxart, proudly boasting Drake’s acrobatic prowess.
Those of us who already have the game won’t be left in the cold. On Saturday the 16th of October, the Naughty Dogs will be dedicating the day to a “Best of…” session, including all of the most popular modes tested out in “The Lab”. Some of the developers will also be around to have a game or two throughout the day, just look for the “ND_” prefix.
And Naughty Dog are promising even more surprises to be revealed in the weeks leading up to the game’s one year anniversary. We’ll keep you up to date with all things Naughty Dog as soon as they happen.