Insomniac is hosting a truly awesome contest, allowing lucky winners to make a personal appearance in the upcoming Resistance 3. Find out the details of how to enter and the full prizes right here.
Before everyone gets too excited, it should be noted that the contest is for Europeans only (specifically, Australia, Austria, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, and the United Kingdom aged 18 or over). Now that you’re either angry about the restrictions, or excited because you qualify, we can jump into what exactly this competition is about.
The premise is simple; photograph yourself appearing to have just survived a Chimeran attack, and write a small summary of why you deserve to be an extra in the game. Winners then travel to San Diego, California and meet the Insomniac team. That’s right, Americans can’t enter the contest, but winners will be flown to America to meet the Insomniac development team personally, while they get scanned into the game! Only the entrant may appear in the photo submission, and photos will be judged on the following:
- Use of facial expression
- Use of props
- Use of scenery/set
- Relevance to the video game series Resistance
- Portrayal of a survivor scene
- Overall the most valid explanation put forward as to why they should be an extra
There will be two winners selected, and each will win:
- Economy class return flights for the winner and a guest to San Diego
- Up to two nights’ accommodation in a 3* hotel or above (bed and breakfast)
- A day spent at a development studio where the winner will be 3D head scanned and included as an extra in the video game Resistance 3 (“Motion Capture Session”)
- The winner’s name featured in Resistance 3‘s closing credits
- Time spent meeting the development team behind Resistance 3
- Transfers to and from the US airport, the hotel and the development studio
Submissions can be made as of today, so go here now to enter, and make sure to check out the full set of official rules too! There’s no doubt some of these entries should be really good, so hopefully we’ll get a look at some of the top photos when the contest ends March 8th, 2011.
Will you be entering for a chance to make your appearance in Resistance 3?