January’s NPD software results are in, and they’re as unpredictable as ever. While LittleBigPlanet 2 scored over 350,000 sales in its first couple of weeks, Call of Duty: Black Ops is still on top despite coming out back in November. Dead Space 2 has managed to secure the #3 spot while only being on the market for a few days before the tally was calculated. Although some big games are already doing well this year, statistics reveal that sales were down roughly 5% from January of last year.
See below for NPD’s full list of software sales for January:
01. Call of Duty: Black Ops* (360, PS3, WII, NDS, PC) Activision Blizzard
02. Just Dance 2 (WII) Ubisoft
03. Dead Space 2* (360, PS3, PC) Electronic Arts – 452K
04. Little Big Planet 2* (PS3) Sony – 353K
05. Zumba Fitness: Join the Party (WII, 360, PS3) Majesco
06. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, PSP, WII, PS2, PC) Take 2 Interactive
07. Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood* (360, PS3) Ubisoft
08. Dance Central (360) MTV Games
09. Michael Jackson The Experience* (WII, DS, PSP) Ubisoft
10. DC Universe Online: The Next Legend Is You* (PS3, PC) Sony – 195K
Can Killzone 3 stir the pot? What Sony titles do you think can make a big impact in 2011? Let us know in the comments below.