Square Enix’s port of Final Fantasy III for the PlayStation Portable was released to much success in Japan, coming in at number one on the region’s sales charts.
The PlayStation Vita is still struggling to gain traction, likely in part to how popular the PSP still is, and that, coupled with the fact that Nintendo’s 3DS is currently an unstoppable force that only exacerbates the issue. Well, at least one of Sony’s handhelds is doing well…
Check out the top 10 titles from Media Create’s sales results (via Gematsu):
- [PSP] Final Fantasy III (Square Enix, 09/20/12) – 44,872 (New)
- [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, 07/28/12) – 37,313 (1,150,471)
- [PS3] Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Spike Chunsoft, 09/20/12) – 20,695 (New)
- [3DS] Shin Egokoro Kyoshitsu (Nintendo, 09/13/12) – 18,760 (54,670)
- [3DS] Medarot 7 Kabuto Ver. / Kuwaga Ver. (Rocket Company, 09/13/12) – 17,659 (67,177)
- [PS3] Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Namco Banda, 09/13/12) – 17,240 (79,870)
- [PSP] Tiger & Bunny: On Air Jack! (Namco Bandai, 09/20/12) – 16,550 (New)
- [NDS] Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 (Pokemon, 06/23/12) – 16,274 (2,763,732)
- [3DS] Run For Money: Flee From the Strongest Hunters in History (Namco Bandai, 07/05/12) – 14,537 (151,461)
- [PSP] Hunter X Hunter Wonder Adventure (Namco Bandai, 09/20/12) – 12,007 (New)
Oddly enough, the launch of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was received quite well in Japan commercially, coming in third place. This is a pleasant surprise that totally warms my heart, as Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is undoubtedly one my my favorite games of the year thus far.