I am getting so fricking tired of getting on here to write sales updates, and then seeing the Vita determined to bottom out. So, this time, whatever, I’m not doing it. So, like, how about you? How you doing? Yeah? That’s cool. How can I further delay actually looking at these Vita numbers? Umm…here, I’ll snap a picture right from the couch. Not gonna set anything up or even crop the picture, just firing from the hip.
Well now you’ve got an idea of how messy my living room is. That little dangely brown bit of shirt over there keeps dust off my PS3 (well, the rest of it does.) It was ripped off me in the ER while I was busy facepunching death back in ’08. And eeewww you can see my copies of Homefront and FF XIII-2 in that picture. At least Dark Souls, Portal 2, Ni no Kuni, and Journey are plainly visible to balance it out. That’s a Game Boy Color sitting on top of the Vita games. Played the crap outta that think back in the day. ‘Cept that’s not the actual one. I got that the other day at the game shop for like $4. I was being a cool guy and teaching my little sister about game history, yo. Though I guess since I bought a used system and some old games the Penny Arcade guys will get mad at me and say that I was somehow damaging the industry. What a bunch of clowns.
Speaking of the industry, do I dare…do I look at these awful Media Create numbers yet?
3DS – 42,864
Ps3 – 11,832
PSV – 11,783
WIU – 6,680
PSP – 5,807
WII – 1,171
360 – 441
I don’t think I’ve gotten over my parents’ divorce yet. What? Oh, right, yeah, the sales numbers. Yeah at least they were only kind of terrible. I’d definitely rather get hit by a car than read them again, but they’re not so bad that I’d rather be tossed into the ocean.
So if I point the camera up and to my right instead of down and to my left I get this:
I could probably take a way better picture if I stood up and moved the phone out of the way. But eh, not happening.
1. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life – 59.104
2. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations – 32.193
3. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei IV – 30.424
4. [PS3] Kamen Rider: Battride War – 20.076
5. [3DS] Luigi’s Mansion 2 – 19.649
6. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 16.870
7. [PSP] Norn9: Norn + Nonette – 14.836
8. [PSV] Valhalla Knights 3 – 11.128
9.  DoDonPachi Saidaioujou – 9.344
10. [PS3] Terraria – 8.460
11. [PSV] Haiyore! Nyaruko-San: Nafushigatai Game no You na Mono – 6.836
12. [PSP] Summon Night 5 – 5.999
13. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition – 5.563
14. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission – 5.301
15. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 3.966
16. [PS3] Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen – 3.636
17. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 – 3.418
18. [PS3] Z/X: Zillions of Enemy X – Zetsukai no Crusade – 2.954
19. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! – 2.920
20. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate – 2.893
Sales are dragging serious ass in Japan right now. Seriously, you could miss the 3k mark by quite a bit and still chart in the top 20 this week. There are games in the top 10 that didn’t even sell 10,000 copies. Seems like I’m not the only one in Japan with a little bit of game apathy right now.