Square Enix has been busy today, having already delayed Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII from the fall 2013 release date to February 2014. Now, they’ve fully announced their E3 2013 lineup of games, revealing that we can expect them to “unveil the first look at the next-generation of Final Fantasy.” To me, that makes it seem as though they’ll just be giving a short teaser/CG video, so don’t get your hopes up too high for a gameplay trailer.
As for games that we already know about, here’s the rest of Square Enix’s E3 lineup, complete with their release dates:
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3, PC) – August 27th, 2013
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3) – September 10th, 2013
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3, PS Vita) – 2013
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut (Wii U) – 2013
- Deus Ex: The Fall (Mobile/Tablet) – 2013
- Mini Ninjas (iOS/Android) – 2013
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox 360) – February 11th, 2014
- Thief (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – 2014
- Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) – Early 2014
You can watch some of the action at the Square Enix booth between June 11th and 13th on their YouTube page.
Yosuke Matsuda, Representative Director of Square Enix Holdings, talked about their E3 presence:
Square Enix continues to show its global creative presence like no other game publisher with products from its internal studios around the world as well as key partners.As the industry continues to diversify and expand Square Enix is poised to lead that change with products showcased at this year’s E3.
Looking at previous titles, the updated sales numbers for Square Enix franchises have the two Final Fantasy XIII games at 9.8 million shipped, Final Fantasy as a whole is over 100 million sold, Dragon Quest is past 61 million, and Tomb Raider is over 35 million.
Do you think the next-gen Final Fantasy will be a PS4 exclusive? Or multiplatform? Let us know in the comments below.