After a pretty good debut in Japan, not to mention the continued UK dominance, The Last of Us took a huge nosedive in Japan between June 24th and 30th, dropping 72% from the previous week, moving just 32,472 copies according to Media Create.
Looking elsewhere, the PlayStation Vita saw a major surge to 31,271 units sold, most like thanks to the new release of Toukiden, which managed to sell 122,794 on the Vita, while the PSP version saw 66,016 in sales. As for the PS3, that pushed out 12,554 consoles, with the PSP seeing 6,492 sold.
Here’s the top 20 selling games in Japan:
- Gundam Breaker (PS3) – 200,564
- Toukiden (PSV) – 122,794
- Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millenium Girl (3DS) – 88,278
- Toukiden (PSP) – 66,016
- Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemist of Empty Twilight (PS3) – 57,550
- Digimon World: Re:Digitize Decode (3DS) – 34,350
- Friend Collection: New Life (3DS) – 34,254
- The Last of Us (PS3) – 32,472
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (3DS) – 27,725
- Date A Live: Rine Utopia (PS3) – 23,340
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) – 12,834
- Urakata Hakouki (PSP) – 12,247
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) – 11,510
- Skyrim: Legendary Edition (PS3) – 7,841
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 (PS3) – 6,813
- The Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Kai HD Edition (PS3) – 5,970
- Starry Sky: After Autumn Portable (PSP) – 5,550
- Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition (Wii) – 4,847
- Onigokko! Portable (PSP) – 4,159
- Kuma-Tomo (3DS) – 4,124
Where do you think The Last of Us will place in the next sales report? Let us know in the comments below.