As a thank you to their fans, Sony has expanded the Sony Rewards program to PlayStation, giving you the chance to earn points by buying PlayStation products. You can then use those points for games, PlayStation Store money, PS+ memberships and more.
You can head over to the Sony Rewards website right now for full details (it isn’t available in Canada, unfortunately), or look below for some details on how to earn points:
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on PlayStationStore when you link your PSN account to a Sony Rewards account.
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on Sony Store online or in store.
- Earn points on purchases at your favorite retailers like Gamestop.com, Bestbuy.com, Walmart.com and Target.com when you shop through Points Plus on Sony Rewards.
- Earn points when you upload select movie ticket stubs and register DVD or Blu-ray discs.
- PlayStation Card: 10X points on PlayStationStore purchases, 3X points on PlayStation purchases at Sony.com, quick service restaurants, movie theatres and on your mobile phone bill
And here’s a few limited time offers:
- Get 100 bonus points when you sign up for Sony Rewards and link your PSN account (ends November 12th)
- Get 5 points per $1 spent on your first PlayStationStore purchase after linking your PSN account to Sony Rewards (ends November 30th)
- Purchase a 1 year PlayStationPlus membership on PlayStationStore and get 250 points (ends November 30th)
- Upload your movie ticket stubs on SonyRewards.com and get up to 400 bonus points (ends November 15th)
Once you earn enough points, you can spend them on items in the Sony Rewards Catalog, which includes games and more (for example: $10 PSN Card = 1,000 points). Still have questions? Here’s an overview.
Are you going to join Sony Rewards right away? Are you upset that it isn’t available in Canada? Let us know in the comments below.