After being pushed away from the original December 2013 release date, developer Roll7 has confirmed that OlliOlli will release exclusively for the PlayStation Vita on January 21st in North America and January 22nd in Europe. Pricing information will be announced next week, though Roll7 Director Tom Hegarty did tease a possible PS+ launch discount when he said, “No demo I’m afraid, but there will be a discount on launch, details on that coming soon!”
Described as a “2D skateboarding game that mixes addictive one-life gameplay with over 120 tricks and grinds with 100 deviously crafted levels & 250 challenges across four gameplay modes,” here’s a gameplay video for OlliOlli:
Developer and self-published by Roll7, with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe funding it as part of the Strategic Content Drive, Senior Business Development Manager at SCEE Shahid Ahmad talked about the game:
At PlayStation, we’re delighted to be working with the talented Roll7 to bring the savagely addictive genius of OlliOlli to the PS Vita. We loved OlliOlli from the first prototype and can’t wait for PlayStation fans to play this beautifully crafted game on their PS Vitas.
Here’s a rundown of OlliOlli:
- Perfect landing and grind mechanic that rewards players for timing tricks to perfection
- Battle online for the number 1 spot on EVERY mode
- Five different stages, each with their own unique levels and obstacles
- 120+ tricks and grinds250 challenges
- 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 8 Bronze Trophies
- Sick hand-picked soundtrack including the Qemists, Dorian Concept and Flako
- Four gameplay modes
- 50 levels filled with skill, score, combo and trick challenges
- 5 Challenges per level
- Amateur and Pro levels, complete Amateur challenges to Unlock Pro levels
- Unlock ‘Spots’ by completing any level
- 50 spots, each built with one massive combo opportunity
- Challenge the world to the best score on the Spots you’ve discovered in career mode
- Get the highest score and become the King of the Spot
- Each day there’s a new Spot to challenge the world at
- Each Daily Grind Spot is only open for 24 Hours!
- Practice the spot as many times as you want but you only get one chance to set your score… Go big, but don’t slam on your face!
- Complete all 250 challenges and RAD Mode awaits you
- Anything other than a Perfect Grind and a Perfect landing will end in a slam!
Will you be buying OlliOlli? What do you think it should cost? Let us know in the comments below.