North American PS4 owners with PlayStation Plus, you can now download your free copy of Outlast (tomorrow for Europe)!
- You may have heard of Watch Dogs’ trademark being abandoned by Ubisoft yesterday, but that turned out to be a fraudulent request, with someone appearing to forge Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot’s signature. Ubisoft is working to correct the error, with a company rep saying, “We are working directly with the USPTO on reinstating the trademark for Watch Dogs and it will be active again in the coming days. The matter has no impact on the Watch Dogs‘ development.” [Source]
- As part of a recent Bungie Weekly Update, the developers confirmed Destiny wouldn’t have any animal mounts by saying, “We considered animal mounts, but the weight-load of the Titan’s heavy armor kept breaking their backs, and we knew that PETA would go absolutely berserk.” [Via, Source]
- Already available on PlayStation 3, Ethan: Meteor Hunter from Seaven Studio will be coming to the PlayStation Vita “very soon.” Complete with Cross Buy and front and rear touch support, the Vita version is seemingly just awaiting approval from Sony before a date can be announced. Ethan: Meteor Hunter on PS3 is discounted this week by 50% off on PS+ and 30% for non-PS+ members (looks to be both North America and Europe after both Stores are updated). [Press Release, Watch Some Gifs]
- In what should arrive tomorrow, a small Tearaway patch will help fix Facebook connectivity and fix some Twitter formatting issues. [Twitter]
- The digital version of Toukiden will be up for pre-order on the PlayStation Store in Europe tomorrow, with the game releasing on February 14th. [Twitter]
- It’s on the North American PlayStation Store right now for $4.99, and Surge Deluxe will be €4.99/£3.99 when it comes to Europe tomorrow. [Shocking Source]
- The newly announced Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for PS4 and PS3 is up for pre-order on Amazon at $99.99. No date was listed, but we do know it is out this month.
- We’ll be getting an update on Frozen Synapse: Tactics for the PlayStation Vita this Friday. Expect a new trailer and more. [Twitter]
- A Gamefly flash sale has Far Cry 3 and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified used for under $10. [Check It Out]
- The PlayStation 4 version of MLB.TV is set to be available this Spring. [Source]
- This new image from 4J Studios shows an image of Minecraft: PS4 Edition on the top TV, with Minecraft: PS3 Edition on the bottom TV. There’s still no release date for Minecraft on either PS4 or PS Vita, so stay tuned [Twitter 1, 2]:
- A new trailer for The Witch and the Hundred Knight, which comes out in March, is now available for viewing:
- Adam’s Venture Chronicles is out this week on PlayStation 3:
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Executive Producer Scot Amos talks about the technology of the game on next-gen consoles:
- We’re still waiting for SoulCalibur: Lost Swords to get a Western release date, but here’s the Japanese launch trailer while we wait:
- If you have 30 minutes, you can watch the Director’s Cut of Square Enix’s Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII making of, Inside the Square:
- Out today on PS3 and PS Vita in North America, Dustforce includes Cross Play and Cross Saves, but not Cross Buy (the Vita version is 20% off for PS+ members though). While it doesn’t include the level editor seen on PC, the PS3 and Vita versions will be getting a “large chunk of the best maps created on the PC version for free” down the road [Source]:
Will you be turning out the lights and playing Outlast tonight?