Update: Here’s the Insurgent Pack launch trailer:
As well, these are the new Trophies:
- Hacktivist – Reach the maximum level for the Hacking Ability
- Kleptomania – Reach the maximum level for the Stealing Ability
- All Flavors – Make a kill with all primary weapons as an Insurgent
- Finders Keepers – Collect 25 Online Collectibles
- Remember Me? – Make 25 kills with each one of the Retro weapons
- New Toys! – Reach the maximum level for the E-Pulse Emitter, Tactival Echo Emitter, and Guard Drone.
- Like a Boss – Finish the game in Elite mode
Original Story: With the Insurgent Pack DLC set to be released for Killzone: Shadow Fall later today in North America, and tomorrow in Europe, Guerrilla Games has unleashed patch 1.12 for the game, which adds support for the content and a good host of fixes/additions.
First up, here’s everything that the patch added:
Added Support for the Insurgent Pack DLC
- Added support for the new Insurgent class
- Added support for 3 new abilities: Tactical Echo Emitter, Epulse Emitter, Guard Drone
- Added support for online collectibles during warzone matches
- Added support for Elite difficulty campaign mode (3 lives, no checkpoints to finish the entire game)
- Added support for 3 new weapons: M82 assault rifle, StA-14 rifle and LS12 SMG
- Added new challenges for the Insurgent Pack DLC
- Added 7 new Trophies for the Insurgent Pack DLC
Note: All of these features are only available if you buy the expansion pack or have a season pass
Added Connection Quality Indicator
- You can now view your connection quality in the scoreboard. Open it with the Touch Pad while in-game.
- You can also view your connection quality in the options menu. Press options and use R1 to switch to the connection tab.
- Finally, you can view your connection quality next to your name on the right side of the screen in the main multiplayer menu.
Added Class Distribution on the Spawn Screen
- You can now view the class distribution in the loadout section of the spawn screen.
And here’s all the single player bugs that the patch squashed, with detailed information included for each fix (SPOILERS ahead for all chapters):
Chapter 1 (The Father)
- After being killed near the beginning of the section (for example, by the guards entering the apartment, or by the flying drones while crouched under the debris), players could perform actions only available in later levels, such as sprinting, jumping, sliding and opening doors. They were then able to break progression by sliding into Sinclair or Kellan’s father and killing them, or alternatively by opening the door blocked by a plank.
Chapter 2 (The Shadow), Section 3
- After restarting the checkpoint, players were able to navigate to the armory and find the dropship console prematurely hackable. Hacking the console too early would result in the player falling out of the dropship during the end of the level cinematic. Restarting the section or checkpoint didn’t resolve the issue, requiring players to reselect the section from the menu in order to complete the chapter.
Chapter 7 (The Handler), Section 1
- Restarting the checkpoint would cause gravity to return, making players fall outside of the mission area. This would in turn trigger an automatic checkpoint restart and result in a death loop.
Chapter 7 (The Handler), Section 4
- After restarting section 4, players were unable to progress as the doors did not open, forcing them to quit.
Chapter 8 (The Dead), Section 4
- Section 4 wouldn’t stream if players continued the campaign during “We’ve Got Company” and restarted it. To continue, players had to restart the section from the chapter select option.
Chapter 9 (The Destroyer), Section 1
- Players returning to the checkpoint where they left off after blowing up the mobile scan unit would find it respawned. The bombs, however, were no longer available as they’d already been detonated.
Will you be downloading the Insurgent Pack this week? Let us know in the comments below.