With 10 years having passed since the release of Killzone on PlayStation 2, Guerrilla Games is celebrating the anniversary by rewarding owners of Killzone Shadow Fall.
First off, a new expansion pack will be available in Europe on Wednesday (likely today in North America), free to Killzone Shadow Fall Season Pass owners. Here’s what’s included:
- Two New Multiplayer Character Skins: Customize the look of your multiplayer characters with the ‘Honor Guard’ and ‘Special Forces’ uniform options.
- Two New OWL Skins: Matching ‘Honor Guard’ and ‘Special Forces’ skins for your combat automata will complement your new look.
- Two New Voice Packs: Change your battle chatter with the hilarious ‘Angry Veteran’ voice pack, or hear what the Killzone Shadow Fall dev team sounds like with the ‘Dev Team’ voice pack.
- Two New Player Card Icon Packs: Give your Player Card some character with the ‘Identity’ Icon Pack, or show off your favorite weapon with the ‘Weapons Of Shadow Fall’ Icon Pack.
- New Crosshair Customization: A new system lets you customize the reticules for all weapons, and the pack comes with seven brand new crosshair sets.
Also coming tomorrow in Europe (again, likely today in North America) are these free multiplayer maps for Shadow Fall:
- The Academy Multiplayer Map: Arguably Killzone 2‘s most popular multiplayer map, Radec Academy (named after Autarch Visari’s right-hand man and fan-favorite antagonist, Colonel Radec) is coming to Killzone Shadow Fall. We briefly revisited a collapsed version of this map in the From The Ashes DLC for Killzone 3, but this time around the ravages of war have really left a mark on the Academy.
- Two New Co-Operative Maps: In addition to the competitive multiplayer version, The Academy will also be released as a free cooperative map for Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept, along with a second cooperative map known as The Weapons Facility.
If you’d like to watch Guerrilla play through classic Killzone titles, a Twitch livestream will be held through the PlayStation Twitch channel on November 6 and 7 between 6pm CET and 8pm CET.
Can you believe it’s been 10 years since Killzone launched?
[Source: EU PS Blog]