With the maintenance now complete, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited update 1.12 is available to download on PlayStation 4, weighing in at 11GB.
Included inside the latest update is Thieves Guild, the third expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online, which is free to those with an active ESO Plus membership, or can be purchased on its own for 2,000 crowns via the Crown Store.
With Thieves Guild, you’ll be taken to Hew’s Bane, a new zone located in the southern peninsula of Hammerfell. Along with new story content that takes you back to the best areas of Tamriel, there’s also a 12-player trial, a new skill line, and exclusive rewards and items.
Here’s what you need to know about Thieves Guild:
Set in a desert peninsula called Hew’s Bane, the Thieves Guild DLC game pack brings you to Hammerfell locations never before seen in an Elder Scrolls game. Abah’s Landing, the opulent jewel of Hew’s Bane, is not only one of the most elaborate cities in ESO, it’s also home to the Thieves Guild. Be ever aware of your surroundings while in Abah’s Landing—the network of back alleys, narrow catwalks, and secluded alcoves hide more than a few secrets.
The new Larceny System introduces a number of repeatable activities for those sneaky enough to complete the missions. These quests are acquired by visiting three mission boards found in or around the Thieves Den.
Larceny Quests: Kari, a precise Nord woman who keeps accounts of the guild’s finances, as well as accounts of information and rumors runs the Tip Board.
- Travel all around Tamriel doing larceny quests for the Thieves Guild. These include pickpocketing, unlocking safeboxes, gathering specific categories of items for consignment requests, and more.
Heist Quests: Find Fa’ren-dar, a tough male Khajiit who works on the far side of the Den, near the sewer drain exit. He runs the Heist Board.
- Thieves Guild heists require sneaking, avoiding traps, and getting in and out of special instanced heist areas with your prize—earn special bonuses for completing the heists undetected and within the time limit!
Reacquisitions Quests: Seek out Spencer Rye, a fancy Breton man who runs the Reacquisitions Board, which is set up just outside the Thieves Den.
- Kill group bosses and complete delves in Hew’s Bane.
New Criminal Activities
We’re expanding on the existing Justice System, and adding a number of exciting, new activities to scratch your thieving itch:
- Certain locations in Abah’s Landing are off-limits to adventurers where just being seen is considered a criminal act. These locations are accessible via clearly-labeled entrances that make it clear you will be trespassing. While doing so, the on-screen justice indicator will notify you of your illicit status.
- The Thieves Guild may request certain types of items to be retrieved from their current owners. Stolen goods now indicate what categories they belong to, to help make sure you pilfer the desired valuables.
- Given the Thieves Guild has certain “connections,” they may at times reward their members with documentation which conveniently erases past misdeeds (to a point).
- The criminal element of Abah’s Landing has a tendency to hide their possessions in plain sight. Sharp-eyed adventurers may discover secret stashes that blend in with their surroundings.
New Passive Skill Line: Thieves Guild
Access to the Thieves Guild DLC game pack will allow you to pursue a new associated skill line which includes six new passive abilities. These non-combat passive abilities will assist you in your criminal endeavors, and are unlocked as you gains ranks in the Thieves Guild.
- Finders Keepers: Access new troves of stolen goods throughout Tamriel
- Clemency: Talk your way out of trouble
- Veil of Shadows: Reduce the range of your criminal acts being witnessed
- Timely Escape: Make a dramatic escape from the guards
- Swiftly Forgotten: You just have one of those faces that the guards tend to forget about faster than others
- Haggling: Get every coin you deserve for those stolen goods
Maw of Lorkhaj
An ancient Khajiiti shrine known as the Temple of Seven Riddles has been claimed by the dro-m’Athra—ancient, moon-hating spirits from the heart of the Great Darkness. The monks residing within the temple, led by Moon Bishop Kulan-dro, have all been corrupted and possessed. Now they lurk within the shadows of the Temple, preparing to spread their dark influence to the Khajiit of Elsweyr and beyond. Fearing the worst, the Moon Bishops have dispatched a group of Twilight Cantors to the scene. But even these powerful monks are no match for the evil within the temple. The order’s leader, Chief Crier Adara’hai, asks for the player’s help in banishing the dro-m’Athra and resealing the boundary between Mundus and the dark realm of Namiira.
- Maw of Lorkhaj is a 12-player Trial located in the southwest section of Reaper’s March.
- Maw of Lorkhaj features a Normal version in addition to a challenging Veteran version!
- To enter Maw of Lorkhaj, you have two options:
- Travel to Reaper’s March and navigate toward the POI, south of Do’Krin Monastery.
- Speak to Bakhum, a Khajiit on the docks in Abah’s Landing, to receive the quest The Dark Moon’s Jaws. This will take you directly to Maw of Lorkhaj.
- There are unique sets available only within Maw of Lorkhaj which grant unique, group based, PvE bonuses. These are available in both Normal and Veteran versions.
- Maw of Lorkhaj will scale to the level of the Trial Leader, much like Dungeons do currently.
- When you start the Veteran version of the Trial at Veteran Rank 16, you will qualify for the Leaderboards.
- Points for Leaderboards are awarded in the same way as other trials (monster kills, vitality bonus and time).
- You can still run the Normal version of the Trial at Veteran Rank 16, but this will not qualify you for the Leaderboards.
New Collection Category: Assistants
Assistants are non-combat followers that you can summon via the Collection system, similar to pets, which provide various services. These benefits include (but are not limited to) selling and fencing items, as well as accessing the bank.
- You may have an assistant or a pet summoned at any given time, but not both simultaneously.
- Rumor has it that adventurers may gain an assistant from supporting the Thieves Guild in its endeavors in Abah’s Landing.
New and Updated Item Sets
We’re introducing new item sets which will be available from a variety of sources:
- 3 new crafted item sets, available exclusively at the crafting stations in Abah’s Landing.
- 2 new non-crafted item sets, available from Thieves Guild daily quests, the Grouping Tool reward boxes, or rarely from Thieves Guild world bosses.
- 3 older non-crafted sets, revamped and available from the new Treasure Troves.
- 4 new non-crafted sets, available from Maw of Lorkhaj as a drop, or from the weekly Trial leaderboards.
- 3 older non-crafted sets, revamped and available from Maw of Lorkhaj as a drop.
- 6 new Alliance War item sets, available from Rewards of the Worthy mails and Alliance War leaderboards, as well as the new Alliance War vendor.
Saving Progress in Veteran Maelstrom Arena
Your progress will now be saved between Veteran Maelstrom Arena sessions!
- There is a new quest in Veteran Maelstrom Arena cleverly titled “Veteran Maelstrom Arena.”
- This quest functions much the same way as the old quest, except both quests are now mutually exclusive. You earn progress toward the “Veteran Maelstrom Arena” quest in Veteran Maelstrom Arena, and progress toward “Maelstrom Arena” quest in normal Maelstrom Arena.
- You can have both quests at the same time, and be on different stages of progress in each one.
- If you progress to the Vault of Umbrage in Veteran Maelstrom Arena and log out, you will be placed in the Vault of Umbrage at the beginning of that Arena when you use the portal upon your return as long as you are still on that stage of the quest.
- If you want to start over from the beginning, simply abandon the quest and pick it up again.
- If you opt to continue your progress in Veteran Maelstrom Arena via the quest, you will no longer have a Leaderboard time when the Arena completes.
- We designed the Leaderboards to gauge and measure player characters that wish to do the most difficult content in the game, and time is a major factor in that measurement. As such, if you want to be on the Leaderboard, you need to complete the Arena all in one go.
DLC Quests from Collectibles
You will now be able to access an introductory quest for each DLC game pack via the Collection system! A new tab has been added to the Collection system for all DLC entries.
Anyone who owns the Orsinium or Thieves Guild DLC game packs, or is an ESO Plus member, will be granted a vanity pet as a loyalty reward!
- The Orsinium reward is an Echalette vanity pet, and the Thieves Guild reward is a Jackal vanity pet.
- You’ll need to complete a new achievement to receive your pet by simply walking into the main city for each DLC.
- Orsinium loyalty reward achievement: “A Gift from Orsinium”
- Thieves Guild loyalty reward achievement: “Spoils of Abah’s Landing”
- The pet will be added to your Collections UI, and will be usable account-wide.
- Going forward, each DLC game pack will include some sort of reward for those that purchase or have access to it.
There’s also changes and fixes to the base game and previous DLC packs included with today’s patch. Follow the link below to see them all.
[Source: The Elder Scrolls Online]