Available today is patch 2.28 for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which adds Novus Weapons and so much more. You can check out the exhaustive list of patch 2.28 update notes by heading over here, with a couple highlights placed below:
It’s essential for every adventurer trying to make their way in Eorzea to be appropriately equipped. Currently, there are three paths to weapons that will enable you to beat even the most devastating raid bosses. Primal weapons, which you can earn by defeating primals, Zodiac weapons, which you can get through a demanding quest chain, and finally: Allagan weapons, which you can acquire through high-level raids in the Coil of Bahamut.
To get your hands on Zodiac weapons, all you need is a character of the appropriate level, a whole lot of guts, and some luck. Novus weapons are the evolutionary next step in the challenging and constantly expanding quest chain of the Saga of the Zodiac. Not only will Novus weapons be stronger than Animus weapons, but they’ll also allow for customization of their stats!
Repairing During Raids
Many of you endgame players know that problem — you’re fighting, and fighting, and fighting, trying to bring down that boss to get your well-deserved loot… only to notice that your equipment is horribly broken. “5 minute break, everyone get out of the dungeon and repair,” yells the raid lead — the concentration is broken.
No more! As long as you have the appropriately levelled crafting class, you’ll be able to repair equipment without changing your class. And not only can you repair it, you can do so masterfully — up to a maximum 199% durability – making sure it won’t break again anytime soon!
There’s still going to be further updates for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn after 2.28, with patch 2.3, titled Defenders of Eorzea, getting fully detailed at E3 2014. Until then, here’s a preview of what 2.3 will bring:
- New Primal Fight: Ramuh — This brand new Primal trial will pit you against Ramuh, the guardian deity of the Sylphs and Lord of Levin. Find out just why this hitherto inactive Primal now has to be defeated by brave adventurers!
- New Outdoor-Dungeon: Hullbreaker Isle — The tropical beauty of this Isle belies the dangers that await. Enjoy this brand-new outdoor dungeon while trying not to get torn apart by its harsh wildlife. And at the end of it all, a famous Final Fantasy enemy is waiting…
- New Dungeon Hard Mode: Stone Vigil — This new hard mode will bring you deeper into the stone vigil than you have ever been, maybe even uncovering something new about the reclusive land of Ishgard…
- New Dungeon Hard Mode: Tam-Tara Deepcroft — One of the earliest dungeons in the game has been taken over by a new, far more dangerous force. Will you be able to defeat this new foe?
- New Skill: Desynthesis — We all know that problem. That certain item, that’s not worth too much on the Market Board, but too good to sell to a vendor. What to do, what to do… Well, how about picking it apart? Desynthesising will allow you to do just that, trying to recover the raw materials an item is made of. And who knows… you may even be able to get some of the materials that are only available this way.
- The Hunt — Your quest for adventure still isn’t quenched? Let’s see if hunting some of the most notorious marks in all of Eorzea won’t get you at least a little excited! Who’ll be the most famous trophy hunter of them all?!
- Respec your Chocobo Companion — This is one for the fans — yes, you’ll finally be able to respec your Chocobo companion, and get your hands on those elusive Bardings of your job of choice!
Are you still playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn?
[Source: PlayStation Blog]