Square Enix has released patch notes for Final Fantasy 14 update 6.2: Buried Memory, which adds new main scenario quests, new side quests, new PS5 trophies, and dynamic resolution for PS4 and PS5, among other features. The patch also comes with bug fixes and improvements, and a lengthy list of known issues that have yet to be resolved.
Final Fantasy 14 update 6.2 highlights
- New Side Story Quests – Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures continue in Patch 6.25.
- New Weapon Enhancement Quests – Players can obtain and enhance Manderville Weapons throughout the Patch 6.x series, which will begin in the Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures questline.
- New Tribal Quests: Omicron – New daily quests for Disciples of the Land.
- New “Variant Dungeons” Battle Content – Players can enjoy this new variable-difficulty dungeon content—beginning with the Sil’dihn Subterrane—designed for between 1-4 players, with the difficulty of enemies scaling depending on party size. Dungeons will feature branching routes, which change depending on player action within the dungeon.
- New “Another Path: Criterion Dungeons” Battle Content – High difficulty four-player content, which features a distinct structure and enemies of the Variant Dungeons, but will have a set route. Criterion dungeons will feature two options of difficulties, each with their own unique set of rules and characteristics.
The following issues have been resolved:
- An issue when undertaking duties via Duty Support or the Trust system wherein NPCs in the healing role did not cast Esuna on themselves when afflicted with status ailments.
- An issue wherein chocobo companions were not recalled when their HP reached 0 under certain circumstances.
- An issue in the duties Alexander – The Burden of the Father (Savage) and Emanation wherein damage of certain attacks was not downscaled.
- An issue when playing as warrior in PvE wherein the action icons for Chaotic Cyclone and Inner Chaos were illuminated despite not being ready under certain conditions.
- An issue when playing as dragoon in PvE wherein the action Spineshatter Dive could not be executed after Dragonfire Dive under certain conditions.
- An issue when playing as astrologian in PvE wherein the limit gauge did not fill when using the actions Lady of Crowns or Celestial Opposition on party members close to death.
- An issue when playing as sage in PvE wherein queueing the action Zoe while casting Pneuma caused the effect of Zoe to be applied and immediately end when Pneuma was executed. * To address this issue, the character motions when executing Pneuma have also been adjusted.
- An issue when playing in PvP duties wherein party members under the effect of Hide cannot be targeted by actions executed via macros under certain conditions.
- An issue when playing as paladin in PvP wherein the healing effect of Confiteor was affected by opponent’s status effects.
- An issue when playing in PvP duties wherein the counter effect of the gunbreaker action Nebula and the samurai action Hissatsu: Chiten was affected by opponent’s status effects.
- An issue when playing in PvP duties wherein the counter effect of the gunbreaker action Nebula and the samurai action Hissatsu: Chiten could not be triggered under certain conditions.
- An issue when playing in PvP duties wherein the additional damage of the monk action Meteodrive was not reduced by barrier effects.
- An issue when playing in PvP duties wherein dragoons under the effect of Sky High could still be afflicted with Heavy, Bind, or Half-asleep under certain conditions.
- An issue when playing as ninja in PvP wherein the status effect Unsealed Seiton Tenchu could not be applied to opponents under certain conditions.
- An issue when playing as ninja in PvP wherein the action Meisui was not affected by status effects that increase or decrease healing potency.
- An issue when playing as black mage in PvP wherein the Heavy effect applied by the action Superflare could be overwritten by other Heavy effects with a shorter duration.
- An issue when playing as black mage in PvP wherein using the action Paradox did not refresh the duration of Astral Warmth or Umbral Freeze applied to a target.
- An issue wherein certain PvP and PvE action text descriptions were incorrect. * The effects of these actions have not be changed.
- An issue wherein the graphics for a certain female Lalafell face type did not display correctly under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the graphics of the Far Eastern Officer’s Hat did not display correctly when worn by Au Ra characters.
- An issue wherein the graphics of certain gear did not display properly.
- An issue wherein certain indoor and outdoor furnishings were categorized incorrectly.
- An issue when viewing portraits wherein the visual effects of weapons were prioritized over character models. * As a result of addressing this issue, the camera for portraits will now appear slightly closer to character models, which may cause portraits created prior to Patch 6.2 to display incorrectly. Players who experience issues with camera positioning in their portraits will need to edit and readjust them.
- An issue when viewing portraits wherein characters’ breathing is visible under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the music played in certain residential areas is incorrect.
- An issue wherein certain active help descriptions were incorrect.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.
For more on the patch, head over to the official website.