We’ve already received a ton of information about PlayStation 4 firmware update 2.00 and its Share Play feature, and now you can finally download the update, with Sony offering up even more details about the new system software:
- Players in a party can now use Share Play.
- With Share Play, two PSN players in the same party can share a game screen. The host (the user who initiates Share Play) and the guest (the user who joins Share Play) can play the same game together while watching the same screen, or the guest can take the place of the host and operate the host’s game screen.
- To initiate Share Play, select [Share Play] from the party screen. Use of some features requires a PlayStation Plus membership.
- Video clips can now be uploaded to YouTube.
- You can now set themes for home screens and function screens for each user. Themes can be downloaded from PlayStation Store. Select themes in [Settings] > [Themes].
- You can now play music stored on USB storage devices. Connect a USB storage device containing music files (MP3 or AAC) to the PS4 system, and then select [USB Music Player] from the content area.
Other New or Revised Features
The following features have been added to [Live from PlayStation]:
- You can now view broadcasts from the past.
- Broadcasts can now be filtered by language. With the list of broadcasts displayed, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Language].
- You can now follow your favorite channels or broadcasters.
- [Featured) has been added. You can browse broadcasts such as PlayStation-recommended broadcasts, broadcasts from Friends, and broadcasts you follow.
- [Games] has been added. Broadcasts for each game are displayed.
- Twitch icons can now be displayed in comments.
The following settings have been added to broadcasts. With the Share menu displayed, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Share Settings] > [Broadcast Settings] > [Advanced Settings]:
- You can now display messages to spectators.
- You can now include party voice chats in broadcasts. A player’s voice will be included only if the setting to allow the player’s voice to be broadcast is enabled in the party settings.
- You can now adjust settings such as size, background, and effects of video content from the PlayStation Camera.
- When you select [Upload Screenshot] from the Share menu, you can now attach a screenshot to your message.
- You can now trim your video clips in [Capture Gallery].
- You can now set the length of time your controller will charge while your PS4 system is in Rest Mode (formerly known as Standby Mode – see below). Set the time in [Settings] > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode] > [Supply Power to USB Ports].
- [View Guide] and [Commands for Voice Operation] have been added to [Settings] > [System] > [Voice Operation Settings]. You can view a list of details and hints about operating the PS4 system with your voice.
- [Input Device] and [Output Device] have been added to [Settings] > [Devices] > [Audio Devices]. Also, [Output to Headphones] in [Settings] > [Sound and Screen] > [Audio Output Settings] has moved to [Settings] > [Devices] > [Audio Devices].
- [Mouse] has been added to [Settings] > [Devices].
- Names of players you may know can now be displayed in areas such as your Friends list or under What’s New. You can set whether to display your real name and profile picture to other players you may know in [Settings] > [PSN] > [Privacy Settings] > [Connecting with Friends] > [Players You May Know].
- You can now search for players by entering their real names in areas such as [Friends]. You can set whether to display your real name and profile picture in other players’ search results in [Settings] > [PSN] > [Privacy Settings] > [Connecting with Friends] > [Search].
- You can now record a voice message by pressing the Triangle button in the [Messages] screen.
- The layout of the [Party] screen has been improved.
- The number of content items displayed in the content area has been changed. Content items that are not displayed can be reviewed in [Library]. You can review all content items in the content area by removing the checkmark from [Limit Number of Content Items on Home Screen] in [Settings] > [System].
- [PS button] now appears in some notification messages. You can view details about a message by pressing the PS button when the message is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.
- When you connect a new device to your system, you can check the remaining battery charge in the system message that is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen.
- “Standby Mode” has been renamed “Rest Mode”.
Themes are available through the PlayStation Store now in Europe, with North America expected to get them later today when the PlayStation Store updates.
What do you think of the latest update? Have you tried Share Play yet?
PS4 Firmware Update 2.00 Out Now, Fully Detailed