While the game itself might not be available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita until April 21, Shovel Knight developer Yacht Club Games have announced that a free content update is coming in Q2 2015.
Titled Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows, this free DLC sees you playing as Plague Knight, the villainous master of alchemy. Seeking to create the Serum Supernus, the Ultimate Potion, Plague Knight must extract the ingredients from his former allies, the villainous knights of the Order of No Quarter.
Featuring new bosses, a new story, a new play style, and more, here’s a few highlights of Plague of Shadows:
- Explode onto the scene as Plague Knight! Use explosives, bomb jumps, and alchemy to blast your way through the game in a whole new way!
- Crafting Comes to Shovel Knight with the Alchemy System! Collect loot and use alchemy to craft equipment and power-ups
- Collect new recipes and reagents to become the master of disaster!
Remixed Game Content
- New objectives and enemies!
- Brand new areas and new paths through classic levels!
- New bosses!
- Is your science up to snuff? Take on Plague Knight specific challenges with new Feats!
Looking solely at the main game of Shovel Knight on PlayStation, Yacht Club says to expect PS Vita back touch support, PS4 light bar support, cross-save, cross-buy, and a battle with Kratos himself.
Included in the Spring Fever 2015 promotion, are you planning on buying Shovel Knight next month?