Already available on PC and Xbox One, Team 17 has partnered with indie developer Mouldy Toof to bring The Escapists to PlayStation 4, with a release “coming soon.”
A strategy game, The Escapists places you in prison as an inmate, plotting and pulling off an escape. In order to break out, you’ll have to work around the prison schedule, avoid unwanted attention, craft weapons and tools, get a job or perform “favours” for inmates to get supplies, and scout escape routes.
Team 17 talked about the features of The Escapists:
- 6 unique prisons to escape – from the minimal security of Center Perks to the harsh confines of the Stalag Flucht POW camp.
- 6 different methods to bust your way out including digging out and prison takeovers!
- 10 prison jobs to earn you some vital escape funds. Choose from Laundry, Janitor, Mail Man, Metal Shop, Kitchen, Wood Work, Tailor, Deliveries, Gardener and Library work.
- Crafting system. Gather the necessary items you’ll need to craft items for your escape plan. Craft tools such as Cutters, Shovels, Sheet Ropes and weapons such as the Sock Mace, Comb Blade or Cup of Molten Chocolate!
- Around 200 items to find including 50+ craftable items
If you’re hoping to see The Escapists on other Sony platforms, Team 17 said there are “no plans” to bring the game to either the PlayStation Vita or PlayStation 3 as they are “focused on the PS4 release.”