Finishing as the biggest debut in Mortal Kombat franchise history and 2nd biggest launch so far in 2015 (Battlefield Hardline is #1), Mortal Kombat X on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC captured top spot in the UK chart last week.
For a breakdown of sales, MKX sold 61% of its copies on PS4, 38% on Xbox One, and 1% on PC.
Elsewhere, the PC launch of Grand Theft Auto V helped it climb 94% to finish in 2nd. Right below it, Battlefield Hardline is relegated to 3rd after four week at the top, while FIFA 15 is just 60 units behind it in 4th.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending April 18, 2015, according to GfK Chart-track:
- Mortal Kombat X
- Grand Theft Auto V (up 94%)
- Battlefield Hardline (down 34%)
- FIFA 15 (down 34%)
- Bloodborne (down 14%)
- Far Cry 4 (down 33%)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (down 39%)
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition (down 3%)
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition (down 13%)
- Dying Light (down 22%)
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
- WWE 2K15
- Forza Horizon 2
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Disney Infinity 2.0
- Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
- The Crew
Do you think Tropico 5 can break into the top 10 on PS4 this week?