Moving away from its planned Spring 2015 launch window, developer Comcept and partner Deep Silver announced today that Mighty No. 9 will be releasing on September 15 in North America and September 18 in Europe for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, Mac, and Linux. The PlayStation Vita and 3DS, meanwhile, will get it “shortly after.”
Priced at $19.99 digitally, you’ll also have the option of buying Mighty No. 9 through retail stores on PS4, Xbox One, or Wii U for $29.99.
Thanks to the partnership between Deep Silver and Comcept, some additional content is on the way for Mighty No. 9:
- ‘Ray’ DLC – An all-new stage including an epic battle with Beck’s rival Ray that, upon completion, unlocks Ray as a playable character for the entire main game, adding unique skills and all-new gameplay mechanics. The stage will be available as additional downloadable content, adding huge replay value. This extra content will be included in all retail editions and will be provided free to all Kickstarter backers of the project, upon release of the game.
- Voice-Over Support – Japanese and French voice-overs have been recorded and will be added to all versions of the game alongside the already planned English VO.
- Localized Versions – Deep Silver will provide localized versions with subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Russian, Polish and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
Comcept CEO Keiji Inafune says, “This is a great opportunity for Comcept: The partnership enables us to deliver Mighty No. 9 to a wider audience while adding some great extra value to the game. We are confident that the extra content will be worth the wait.”
If you’re unfamiliar with this 2D side-scrolling action game, here’s a rundown of what to expect from Might No. 9:
- Play through 12 Unique and Challenging Stages in a single player campaign.
- Unlock the New Game+ to add an additional two extra difficulty levels including a punishing Turbo mode.
- The Single Player Challenge mode with dozens of mini missions for the hardest of challenges.
- Show the world how Mighty you are in the 2 Player Online Race Battle where you compete online, racing through each stage together in a head to head battle – adding an all new twist on versus mode play that will give Mighty No. 9 life well beyond the single-player campaign.
- Boss Rush Mode – Play through each of the game‘s bosses, back to back, with a clock ticking to keep track of your best time.
- 2 Player Online Co-Op Challenge Mode – Take on over a dozen missions online with a friend, playing as Beck and his partner, Call! Use Beck and Call’s different powers together in order to defeat these special challenges.
- Toggle Between Regular and 8-bit Music – This game is a veritable who’s who of veteran game composers – Manami Matsumae, Takeshi Tateishi, Ippo Yamada. As such, Mighty No. 9 features an optional chiptune version of the entire game soundtrack which you can toggle on and off.
Are you going to be getting Mighty No 9 this September?
[Source: PS Blog]