Patch 1.04 is now available for download on PlayStation 4.
Check out the details over here.
While it may not be released until late this week or early next week, CD Projekt Red Community Lead Marcin Momot went on their forums to preview The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update 1.04 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One/update 1.05 on PC.
Noting that they’re constantly working on updating The Witcher 3, and this is only a partial list of all the changes in 1.04/1.05, here’s the most requested changes you’ll find in the patch, which includes bigger font sizes and more:
- Geralt will no longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest
Momot also revealed in the forums that CD Projekt Red is “looking into the frame-rate issues on PS4 as well.”
He then went on Twitter to give an update about PS4 error code CE-34878-0:
Update – Finishing Mystery of Byways Murders may help only if crash (or error CE-34878-0) occurs after paying to travel to Skellige.
What other fixes do you hope to see in The Witcher 3 update 1.04?